No go

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
chigger81

#11 Post by chigger81 »

No spark, but yet I have power to the connection that plugs to the coil. I checked the coil leads and I had the right resistance. Tim is getting an fx400 tomorrow and the two of us will do some testing over the phone and hopefully we can find my problem. Funny thing about it is that it started before my re-build and I havent messed with the harness other than pluging and unpluging, so how could a coil just go bad?

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

Is the spring inside coil missing?Check to make sure the crank pickup and tempsensor connectors didnt get mixed up and put on wrong place.

chigger81

#13 Post by chigger81 »

Ive re-checked and cleaned all my connections. Spring is in the coil, but is that all there is supposed to be in there? Just a spring and a rubber thing?

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes thats all.FX also has the cam position sensor.In the valvecover.Did you replace any cams?Is it possible for you to pull the airbox cover off and open throttle a bit crank it over to see if gas is spraying out of injectors?Be careful doing this though.If fuel is being sprayed it would eliminate alot including the ECU.

haydug

#15 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by Psychosis
I had a similar problem w/mine. I dissambled the whole clutch and removed the ball and all and then did a full check and reassembled. When I did that I didn't notice anything different but it worked perfectly and the clutch was fine. Timid things they are I guess. May not be your problem but sometimes these things just don't make sense.

A common mistake on these clutches, you must start with a metal plate, and end with a metal plate, the last plate tends to stick to the pressure plate, and you don't notice it, but it is very hard to align that way, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. I find it easier to assemble all of the plates in the basket, then install the pressure plate.

chigger81

#16 Post by chigger81 »

Originally posted by cannondale27
If fuel is being sprayed it would eliminate alot including the ECU.

Im gettting fuel air mixture from the sparkplug hole while testing for spark.

Im going to take apart the clutch one last time to see if I did what your saying... biggrin.gif

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

From what I see it ran before race and only thing done was clutch and injectors.Maybe one of the posts in injectors got bent over?

chigger81

#18 Post by chigger81 »

Tim and I got spark to it, I can see the fuel shooting into the head when I take off the trottle body. Ive got the stock flywheel key back in it because I found it. It acts like the timing is off. I think Ive seen some topics on how to take the side cover off without droping it, so Im going searching. Thats my only guess. rolleyes.gif I put a paper towel on the exaust and It seems like its sucking the papertowel more than its blowing it when I turn over the starter. Im 90% sure I got the timing right, but I guess I will check it to be sure. Looks like another quadless weekend for now. :cry:

Psychosis

#19 Post by Psychosis »

You must drop it or atleast lower it to get the sidecover off. I believe you can get away w/just lowering it a few inches though.

Cdale_racer_669

#20 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

might as well just drop it