no oil flow

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Just take all the pump gears off and check if you have the pins in them.Something easy to forget or have fall out if you arent looking when putting it together.

quadman22

#12 Post by quadman22 »

wes gave me an idea... to flush the frame out i dont have to drop the motor. i can just disconnect all the hoses from the frame then run kerosene through the frame forced through by air pressure. shouldnt i try this b4 i drop the motor?

cdalerider75

#13 Post by cdalerider75 »

Happyboy

#14 Post by Happyboy »

rolleyes.gif

quadman22

#15 Post by quadman22 »

so im going to go ahead and do what i just said... any objections?

Happyboy

#16 Post by Happyboy »

I wouldn't do it that way, but thats just me. But, you had an idea, go with it. People need to learn independance and free thinking. Just don't look at any quick easy cheap solutions. Do what is best, not cheapest or fastest. If you think you can do a great job flushing it with everything on it then great. I personally don't think I could do it very well that way, but thats just me. Take your time with it and be sure you have all of your cleaner out, and the frame is dry.

I had a local kid flush his frame. We were about to install the motor and I opened up one of the spars and here comes comes at least 10 ounzes of fluid out.

Just be sure you take care of it, then you won't have problems.

cdalerider75

#17 Post by cdalerider75 »

Dan please let me know if you need any help, I am sure you can knock this one out!!!

cdalemx301

#18 Post by cdalemx301 »

yea dan any of us are willing to give you a hand if you need it just do it the right way...you dont need the motor to blow right after you get it running

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

If and thats a big if since I cant see it.If there is just sludge and no metal I would chance flushing frame with motor in.

Problem.I was told oil DID flow out of hose from frame to back of motor and screen was clean.That means that oil is getting to the motor just not back out.Unless there is a obstruction in the passage in the motor.Removing main oil filter and cover and lightly(5psi)blowing air in the rear filter hole should confirm or dismiss this.DO NOT BLOW air in there without filter and cover removed or you will contaminate the motor if something is in there.I believe when engine drain was pulled oil did come out.So I doubt this passage is plugged.If passage is not plugged and oil is in the motor.Yet there is no oil flow you MUST pull the motor and fix it.

Exodus

#20 Post by Exodus »

Pull the inlet line off the back of the engine and see if oil will flow from the spar out . This will tell you if the frame is plugged up. It should pour out very fast. Get a bucket. If the frame is clean then reinstall the hose and refill the frame with oil. Remove the oil filter cover and filter. Start the engine for a few seconds. If no oil pumps out the cover then you main oil pump has sheared the tiny pin or the counterbalance shaft is snapped.

The scavange pump is easy to check also. Pour about half a quart into the starter clutch vent fitting. Reassemble and start the engine. It should pump that oil into the frame within 20 seconds.
(quote wistech)

DO ALL OF THAT, BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE.