450 kit????

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Sandstorm

#11 Post by Sandstorm »

Originally posted by jesshamner
I agree with kdeal.  I have a stock cannibal.  When in glamis, I was on a stock speed w/hmf there.  Then I took Armok's ATK for a ride.  It felt quite a bit faster than the stock speed or my cannibal.

With proper dune tires/wheels/gearing I could make his ATK feel like it had another 3-5hp..

azcannon

#12 Post by azcannon »

I am going off experience, mine is a wiseco 450 piston ( two compression rings ) and the je only has 1 even though they are gas ported, I had the same map in two speeds and the 450 was faster but not noticeably really as a mater of fact the stocker felt a lot peppier, again same map .
I really think the stock cannondale motors had some great get up and go I am building 2 falicon's with 450 kits ( 1 je and 1 wiseco )right now and they are for beating up other quads at the dunes but in reality when I am playing in the desert with the homey's its useless - too many turns and whoopy bumps to blow through using the big power . So if it wasnt for the dunes and the drag of paddles and sand I would stay with the stocker 60$ wiseco stocker vs 525-575$ 450 piston . Remember we are talking about 2 mm. I wish I had time to post a pic of the two pistons top to top to show the little difference.

On a side note I am sure atk learned a thing or two about maps I really dont think there is a huge difference between a atk and a stock cannondale other than that. If there is I would like the education.

wanablaze

#13 Post by wanablaze »

I can attest to ******' ATK. It runs really well.
The 450 pistons seem to run pretty good. They do make a few hp without porting, but the main thing I've seen in the dyno charts is that they increase torque substantially also (over a 432). Not just at peak tq either, but mostly in the midrange. One chart I've seen showed a 13ftlb tq increase around 4200rpm, 9ftlbs @5k, 6ftlbs up to 7k.

The torque curves of a 432 and 450 piston (no porting) seem to meet around 9300rpm.

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

450 piston for sure adds more torque.HP not really but you can feel the difference.Price is a major consideration though.I dont consider stock pistons to be anymore reliable than aftermarket.Although the Asso pistons seem to last longer than most as far as wear.No matter what pistons you get make sure to have sizes checked and rings gapped properly.

dalewannbe

#15 Post by dalewannbe »

Originally posted by ******
I have a cdale programed computer and run the x440s/speed map in mine.

I'm sure that the x440s map has a lot to do with why your 450 runs so strong. I run that same map in my stock motor and its a totally different animal. I really really like that map. I didn't think I would like it for xc racing, but I like it alot and won't be switching any time soon!

jesshamner

#16 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by dalewannbe
I'm sure that the x440s map has a lot to do with why your 450 runs so strong.  I run that same map in my stock motor and its a totally different animal.   I really really like that map.   I didn't think I would like it for xc racing, but I like it alot and won't be switching any time soon!

I'm with you. I run the x440s map unless its really sloppy. Then I'll switch to blaze/speed. The x440s seems to work really well with my riding style...even in the woods. I have a stock motor as well. When I got in a drag race with 4 other stock quads(450r, yfz, ds650, banshee), they didn't believe that mine was stock. I put about 3 bikes lengths between me and 2nd place. LOL.