electrical please help!!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
suzukispeeder

#11 Post by suzukispeeder »

ok guys I found out what it was I switched the starter solenoid of my fiance's 03 and it started right up. On the one that was on mine it looks like the blue wire came loose or either it just went bad. Anyone know where I can get a new or a good used one at a good price. Thanks for all the advice guys. Its good to know all us cannondale riders can come together and help each other out.
Anyone need a new pingel kill switch its new I bought it from Haydug and never installed it

61austin

#12 Post by 61austin »

Originally posted by suzukispeeder

Anyone need a new pingel kill switch its new I bought it from Haydug and never installed it

It's probably out of my price range but how much?

suzukispeeder

#13 Post by suzukispeeder »

whats ur price range

haydug

#14 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by Canniboomer
nice fix, I like the idea of two studs there, since also easier to use flangenuts than trying to fish the long bolts through 2 or 3 cables.

Well, I see a "tip of the week" here. Either one want to take some pics, and do alittle write-up on this? I know boomer isn't busy building air filter mounts or anything. :usa

MX Quad Dad

#15 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Originally posted by haydug
Well, I see a "tip of the week" here. Either one want to take some pics, and do alittle write-up on this?  I know boomer isn't busy building air filter mounts or anything. :usa

Since I barrowed the camera I thought I would get some pics of this too. You can see the bolt put through the nutsert backwards. and there are star washers between the wire and the copper stip. Also I ran another ground wire from one stud up to the ground wire that gose on the headlight bracket.

MX Quad Dad

#16 Post by MX Quad Dad »

The regulater is tight squeeze to get back on with the motor in, but it is possible.

the main reasons I did this is because the nutserts just crimp onto the frame, and in years past with the performance cars I built, if you put an aluminum intake on them and use one of the intake bolts for a engine ground (quite a few cars used those bolts for a ground from the factory) It seemed like they always came back with starting issues, and just moveing the ground to the block fixed the prob.

aluminum is a good conductor but all the electrictions I know allways load up the connections with dieelcetric grease. I dont think that would work with the water we drive through and wash with.

Regulator Installed