Motors back in but won't start

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cdaleman440

#11 Post by cdaleman440 »

I have had my motor down 3 times and i have never done a throttle cal and now im strokin and i sent my ecu to derno/****** and she fired right up well not right up i had a dead battery like mad but hey a dead battery is a killer with my dale alot but just keep tryin im 15 and i did it a couple times:)
Austin

acarli3

#12 Post by acarli3 »

Also check to see if the sparky is firing and look down the engine to see if the injectors are spraying.

djmc

#13 Post by djmc »

Originally posted by acarli3
Also check to see if the sparky is firing and look down the engine to see if the injectors are spraying.

Thanks for the input . I have not touched the idle screw but I will check it out anyway. I not sure how to see if the injectors are spraying. I would like to check this out because I pinched the left side injector harness pretty good when installing the engine.

djmc

#14 Post by djmc »

Originally posted by kdeal
You must do a throttle cal if the motor has had any work done at all, especially the porting. You will most likely need to upgrade the map to one of the maps that were designed for porting. You should really do a throttle cal every time you change the oil. But upon rebuilding your motor there have been many variables that have changed. Good Luck

Brad uploaded a Blaze map when he had the engine. I do not know if that map was designed for a ported engine or not. Could you suggest a map that is compatible? I do mostly dune riding and trails seldom any track riding.

acarli3

#15 Post by acarli3 »

When you pull the spark plug out to check if it's firing, also look down the hole with a light and see if you can see the mist from the injectors.

djmc

#16 Post by djmc »

Originally posted by acarli3
When you pull the spark plug out to check if it's firing, also look down the hole with a light and see if you can see the mist from the injectors.

thanks

Derno24

#17 Post by Derno24 »

Or the other trick is to take the airbox off and look down the throttle body with a flashlight. You will see each of them puff at the same time. If not then you might have found your problem.

djmc

#18 Post by djmc »

Well, I checked the spark and it is great. the throttle body boots are tight. I pulled the plug I can't say I can see a mist coming from an injector but when the piston comes up it puffs out a mist on the compression stroke and eventually the fuel filters goes dry (tank removed). I wanted to try my D and M kit tonight but I have to weight unil tomorrow to call Optimum and register the software. If my injectors are acting up will the D and M kit show it as trouble?

Derno24

#19 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by djmc
Well, I checked the spark and it is great. the throttle body boots are tight. I pulled the plug I can't say I can see a mist coming from an injector but when the piston comes up it puffs out a mist on the compression stroke and eventually the fuel filters goes dry (tank removed). I wanted to try my D and M kit tonight but I have to weight unil tomorrow to call Optimum and register the software. If my injectors are acting up will the D and M kit show it as trouble?

Not really, a visual inspection works best. That is why I said to look down the throttle body. Looking in the cylinder will only show if it is getting gas, but not if both injectors are firing properly.

djmc

#20 Post by djmc »

Ok, I have not pulled the airbox yet to check the injectors but I did manage to register my D&M Kit and check the faults. Before I go any farther I wanted to report what I have found:
Injector b open fault
Mil lamp open fault

Does this mean anything to anybody?