rear axle removal

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
brunsyeah

#11 Post by brunsyeah »

i got the axle out....the center sleeve is seized to the axle and it had to push the other two bearings out on its way out of the carrier.....im needa get a new sleeve...is there another one that fits that i can find local?

azcannon

#12 Post by azcannon »

if the sleeze isn't damaged heat it up with a torch and gently tap it off when it expands, and what the **** happened to the accent I loved that

brunsyeah

#13 Post by brunsyeah »

QUOTE (azcannon @ Apr 20 2006, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and what the **** happened to the accent I loved that

????

brunsyeah

#14 Post by brunsyeah »

any luck on anyone knowing of a cross reference for that sleeve, or is the sleeve even neccessary as the bearings seat against the flange anyway

Derno24

#15 Post by Derno24 »

Sleeve is definitley necessary. Hmmm I would just call Brad at blackwidow and have him 2 day it to you.

Oh and the clip for the brake stay plate does not have to come out to remove the axle.

brunsyeah

#16 Post by brunsyeah »

is our eccentric carrier the same as a honda? if so i wonder if i can get a spacer for a honda...does anyone know of one that uses 4 bearings total?

Derno24

#17 Post by Derno24 »

I was gonna say all the different stockers I know of all use 1 set of bearings. Maybe a call into RAD Carriers would get you a sleeve.

NRath

#18 Post by NRath »

He was shooting for locally, but they'd prolly have to order it, too. Give Brad a shout, I'm she he can get his hands on one for you.

brunsyeah

#19 Post by brunsyeah »

brad's got one on the way...its the first time i've actually talked to him..ordered stuff before but never had to talk to him. He told me he had one, but did measure it for me so i could try to find one locally that would work....i didnt have much luck so i got him to priority me one that better be here tommorrow

on another note...the rad carriers spacer is to skinny for our carriers...they may have one that can fit but they didnt seem to want to check that for me so no order from them...however their $6.50 price was alot nicer than the $14 price for true cannondale peices