Hopefully its the flywheel

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
jesshamner

#11 Post by jesshamner »

I didn't think you have to pull the flywheel to check the C. I think you can just take the nut and washer off to see it.

Check your coil too. I have had one that had an intermittent spark. Well it would spark all the time but wouldn't spark enough that to keep the quad running or even start at all.

harleypitbull1

#12 Post by harleypitbull1 »

C27 ask if I had took the plug out and tried to spin the motor by hand. I did this and it gets very tight as the piston comes to the top. Is this normal. Hit the starter and it will spin like crazy. Sorry, I dont know much about an engine. lol

harleypitbull1

#13 Post by harleypitbull1 »

The woodruff key is good. Around the center of the flywheel where the aluminum kind of meets the steel insert. It looks like it has spun a little or shows signs like it may have. We are going to stick another flywheel on it and check. I am almost out of ideas. I checked the coil again. It sparks like crazy, fuel is running through the filter and the return to the tank and I have over 100 psi of compression. This thing should run. It has to be something to do with timing. When trying to start the engine, it will not do anything, no backfire no nothing.

harleypitbull1

#14 Post by harleypitbull1 »

New flywheel and it still will not do anything at all. Just turns over. I have no clue where to go from here.

jesshamner

#15 Post by jesshamner »

Pull your injectors and check to make sure they are atomizing the fuel. It shoud be a mist instead of a stream.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Yup that would be my next step.

harleypitbull1

#17 Post by harleypitbull1 »

I spoke to Tim this afternoon. We checked injectors and everything. We finally noticed that it was not pushing out the exhaust as it should. The timing is off something terrible. Tim thinks that the exhaust cam might have worn out and eat into the bucket causing the shim to jump out or something. He said that would cause what is happening. So I guess the beast will come out in the morning. It is sucking more through the exhaust than it is blowing out. Strange., Thanks for all the help guys, I will try to keep you posted.

jesshamner

#18 Post by jesshamner »

Well, we were running out of options so checking the cam timing was coming up in my suggestions. Good luck with the tear down.

harleypitbull1

#19 Post by harleypitbull1 »

thanks I will probably need it. You guys are tons of help, thanks alot. Even though it isnt fixed yet then I would not have any idea where to look without the website.

harleypitbull1

#20 Post by harleypitbull1 »

Update""""""" pulled the motor and valve cover. Parts of a bearing or something laying loose by the exhuast cam. Spin the motor over by hand and the intake cam moves but exhaust just sits there. Dont know exactly what I am looking at but atleast the problem is found.