Harley injector tips

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
claas900

#11 Post by claas900 »

This is from there web sight "Edelbrock Pico fuel injectors are perfect for use in all Victor X and Performer X manifolds with secondary fuel rail setups. These Pico style injectors are compact with a quick response time and are compatible with racing gasoline and """METANOL"". They are also ideal for use in high horsepower turbo applications."

Does this mean were on our way to running E85? New fuel hose and pump,some mapping we might be set?

wistech

#12 Post by wistech »

If I remember right a 21 to 23 pound injector would be about right for the high hp engines . Regular length injectors could be had for under $30 but the radiator needed to be shimmed forward a half inch for clearance. The short ones were just nicer to install. I started testing them back in 04 and have yet to have any leak or fail. Just need to make sure they dont rub on anything if you run them without protective sleeving. Clear heat shrink does the trick if you still want the braided look with protection or just leave the covers off where it can be seen.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Not only that but they allowed better porting.

Sandstorm yours are aimed probably as good as stock maybe better but in doing so the airflow was absolutley mangled beyond belief I cant believe they did that.I know Dab smoothed it out but it was alot of unnecesary work so in your case the straight spray pattern of Harley injectors would not be a benefit.The Winky reangled jobs are the ones the Harley injectors would benefit most spraypattern wise.But you know what?I never noticed ANYTHING whether they were spraying straight angled or whatever.I think the fuel is atomized so well that the massive air rush carries it away well before it hits the walls of intake anyhow.Its never been dyno proven either way either.
Biggest benefit I see in Harley injectors has been the tuneability.Every map change you make there is a very noticable reaction.We werent getting that with the stockers.Made motor more tuneable and cleaner running.Which in turn means HP.I am not sure if we werent doing mapping right with stock injectors on some of big motors but it sure was frustrating tuning them and now its not.I believe stockers were right at limit of thier duty cycle and that is why tuning was frustrating on some motors.
Claas I think with Canniboomers fuel line system E85 would be fine even with stocker injectors but these say it.Would like to see effect of a slightly higher flow injector on stocker anyhow.Boy the Map combos are going to be confusing and dangerous.We are going to have to come up with a standard for labeling.

ACEwrench

#14 Post by ACEwrench »

so did anything come of this?? did someone end up using these injectors and if so...yes/no/maybe so im having a bit of trouble tuning my race motor and i am thinking so different injector may help...

what its is doing...

when the motor is cold and its started the idle varies up and down..i know typically this means a lean condition so i have been varing the flow rate and off set to try to fix it i have the flow rate @2050 right now and offset @.9 the anyhigher and the trottler responce is not as crisp and it doesnt "sound" right... the idling problem doesnt go away either. any lower and the idling varies even more.... it has a moto map in it...i like the hit of the map and im wiery of something with more timing cuz of the 14+:1 compression... its ported as well

kdeal

#15 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (ACEwrench @ Sep 5 2007, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so did anything come of this?? did someone end up using these injectors and if so...yes/no/maybe so im having a bit of trouble tuning my race motor and i am thinking so different injector may help...

what its is doing...

when the motor is cold and its started the idle varies up and down..i know typically this means a lean condition so i have been varing the flow rate and off set to try to fix it i have the flow rate @2050 right now and offset @.9 the anyhigher and the trottler responce is not as crisp and it doesnt "sound" right... the idling problem doesnt go away either. any lower and the idling varies even more.... it has a moto map in it...i like the hit of the map and im wiery of something with more timing cuz of the 14+:1 compression... its ported as well

I had the exact same issues on a bone stock motor with a HMF pipe just this past weekend. I ended up reinstalling the hex code and map and the problem went away. I think this was due to a low voltage condition and it corrupted the hex code. I know it's a long shot but it's easy to check.

jinx44

#16 Post by jinx44 »

I run EV6 injectors in my mustang. I can get any measurements you need from them.

wistech

#17 Post by wistech »

I fitted 24pound mustang injectors but they were tight in the ports and against the radiator. They ran like crap because they were old .Most likely plugged. My 470 crank is on its way back so I should have the nitrous drag engine done within a month. I will use that to test the new lower flowing injectors.

Sand_Blaster

#18 Post by Sand_Blaster »

What I want to know is where'd you get those steel braided hoses? My stock plastic ones are all cracked out , I think I need to replace those lol.

wistech

#19 Post by wistech »

McMasterCarr is a one stop shop for all the really cool stuff. And its cheap too. Once you figure out how to cut the stuff you can build hose assemblies in minutes. I think I had a post on how to build these a while back.

jinx44

#20 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (wistech @ Sep 5 2007, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I fitted 24pound mustang injectors but they were tight in the ports and against the radiator.

The ones I run are a lot thinner in body diameter than the 24lb are, but the length is the same.