300 hr motor

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Normal maintainence is teardowns.Well before 300hrs.

I had mine since 2001.Three factory motors.Not one made a season without some kind of issue.

QUOTE (speed 450mx @ Feb 13 2007, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cannondale27 you told Psychosis this on his 300 Hour Motor
"Awesome!I believe it for sure.We all made some costly errors with aftermarket stuff when stock was better.The Dales just needed some good assembly,proper tolerances and that crank bearing."

Now we see how you really are!

Your motor shown had none of the above if it was from factory did it?So how am I wrong?

I also never said a 300hr factory motor was impossible.I said it depended how it was ridden.Probably could idle for over 1000hrs without a issue even.

speed 450mx

#12 Post by speed 450mx »

What ever you think your right and everyone else is wrong. The End

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Next time you quote me use the quote feature also so I know where it is from.Not saying your full of it but doesnt seem like my exact words or may be out of context.

jwheat

#14 Post by jwheat »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Feb 13 2007, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well maybe some of us are running at twice the RPM so 150 hrs is like 300 hrs of some guys.Only explanation for a motor with that little wear and no valve floating as evidenced from cams.I am sorry but if you ride anywhere near rev limiter with stock motor there is no way to avoid the signs.Nothing wrong with running at around 6000rpm but you could do it on a 400ex for alot less $.

Steve, I can't vouch for his hours, but I can vouch for his riding. Mike doesn't cut that bike any slack and a 400ex wouldn't cut it for his riding style. As for hours on a motor, I know for a fact that my first motor had over 200 hundred hours on it before I went into it and my cams, buckets, and timing chain looked as good as his. All I did was do a valve job, had Timbo do the crank and put it back together with with a new piston and sleeve and the original timing chain. Now I have another year and a half ofwear on the same motor with no problems.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (speed 450mx @ Feb 13 2007, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well there is also three dale still running on factory down here.
"Normal maintainence is teardowns.Well before 300hrs."

That is your way of doing it and others have other ways of doing it.

Well I am all ears.Enlighten me.How do you get 300 hrs without a rebuild?

speed 450mx

#16 Post by speed 450mx »

Thanks jweat when yall planing on going back

27 I am done talking about the motor to you

jwheat

#17 Post by jwheat »

QUOTE (speed 450mx @ Feb 13 2007, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks jweat when yall planing on going back

I don't think we're going back to LS this year. We've been there the last 5 years on Memorial day. We were talking about going somewhere else like Duhramtown in GA maybe. If we do come back to LS, I let you know ahead of time.

hawksd1

#18 Post by hawksd1 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Feb 13 2007, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Normal maintainence is teardowns.Well before 300hrs.

I had mine since 2001.Three factory motors.Not one made a season without some kind of issue.
Your motor shown had none of the above if it was from factory did it?So how am I wrong?

I also never said a 300hr factory motor was impossible.I said it depended how it was ridden.Probably could idle for over 1000hrs without a issue even.

Id like to add to this even though its none of my business....how could you be right? Thats really quite un fair of you steve...one of the things that is nice about this site is it encourages those of us who are new to dales and trying to learn and in the middle of the positive you whip out a big fat negative. To me your post came across as somewhat of a bash...dont get me wrong I believe you are a very knowledgable person who is very informed, more so than I, but still lets try to be more positive. Sorry if Im out of line here but this post just made me respond

Happyboy

#19 Post by Happyboy »

Holy crap guys. Sorry for this happening. I would love to see motors have that kind of wear after 300 hours but it is a rarity for sure. Everyone should really look at doing a yearly tear down just to inspect things and if you can't yearly at least at 100 hours.

Glad to see its still running strong guys.

Smitty911

#20 Post by Smitty911 »

I'll take your word about the hours on the motor in "Good Faith" that the hours you mentioned are to the best of your knowledge correct.

Have fun with the rebuild - PORT THE HEAD. Sandstorms bike would walk away from mine, mine 450 his 468, only other change was head was ported.

Smitty

Hey '27,

Can you prove there is not that many hours on it? Just like a couple of other areas in life. LOL