alright.... im confused

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
ACEwrench

#11 Post by ACEwrench »

well i got it apart last night and sure enough it was retarded one tooth....oh well!! well i get her back together and see if she fires up....

ACEwrench

#12 Post by ACEwrench »

QUOTE (ACEwrench @ Mar 22 2007, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well i got it apart last night and sure enough it was retarded one tooth....oh well!! well i get her back together and see if she fires up....

UPDATE:

well it will light up at first easy...idle normally, but choke out and die after about 15 to 20 sec. i went throught entire fuel system...i changed fuel pumps, fuel filter, diconnects check out, drained tank, cleaned screen in tank, fuel return line is flowing, i reset the TPS, i changed maps, i changed ECUs, checked injector connections, fuel pump cycles again after it dies...as it should, i verified the injectors were firing via flashlight, no faults seem to be showing up, but i havent checked it exactly when it dies, but shortly after. crank sensor reads ok jumping more than normal, i set the idle(when it runs)to just over 2100

maybe the fuel regulator??? i havent done a ground check yet but thats my next thing..it HAS to be in the fuel system...somewhere....its the only thing that makes sense..

i have a 6 hour drive to a race today, any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks.

RonDK

#13 Post by RonDK »

This sounds dumb compared to the other responses but did you load test the battery? My battery charged up fine but my quad would idle and die. When you rode, as soon as you let off the gas, the bike died. I put a new (oversized) battery in and it runs great.