No fuel pump

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
desertbound

#11 Post by desertbound »

I'll give that a try. Thanks fellas. There was really old fuel in the quad when I picked it up, so it might just be frozen. All the lines and filter were full when I took it apart. So it was working. I have since replaced all lines, injectors, and added the tank mod. The only thing I haven't replaced was the pump and the regulator. The lines were pretty nasty.

Out of curiosity, how much is a new pump??

thedeatons

#12 Post by thedeatons »

Yah, maybe throw an ammeter in series with the pump, see if it draws current. If you don't have one of those you could try a fuseholder, first install a 2A fuse, if that blows install a 5A fuse, etc, until you find where it stops blowing the fuse. That will tell you approximately how much current the pump is sucking...

rayspeed

#13 Post by rayspeed »

It think Pete has new pumps for about a buck and a quarter... cheapest I have scored a new one was $75 and used ones go for roughly $40 to $60. If you get yours going I would just snag a cheap one and keep it for a spare after you test it first. I have had one fail out of the blue last year... just stopped and blew fuses.

desertbound

#14 Post by desertbound »

I'm gonna try bringing it back to life. I'll get a new one if I can't get it to work. Anyone know if a pump from an automotive application works? Anyone ever try?

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

That sucks was looking forward to hearing it running today. I will look for posts on what guys used. Was one for a Ford ranger that was close.

desertbound

#16 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Nov 2 2008, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sucks was looking forward to hearing it running today.I will look for posts on what guys used.Was one for a Ford ranger that was close.

She cranked over and had good compression. Just no fuel.

thedeatons

#17 Post by thedeatons »

Put a "T" in your car's fuel line, pump fuel into that sucker and listen to it rattle......

Canniboomer

#18 Post by Canniboomer »

I have the stock pump, and the next (higher output) version of the Walbro as used on smaller Fords and misc other vehicles. But beware, most of the common Walbro's these days, and any "universal" EFI pumps will supply enough for up to 500hp, and will drain a lot more battery power. You could get stranded if running with headlights or a weak stator. As for appearance and size, all of the Walbro "externals" use the same casing -- only the stamped part number is different.

But with your opened fuel path on that new beast, I bet you can bump to the next pump output and likely not use any more amperage as compared to a stock pump that is struggling to suck through stock fittings. I'll get the price and part numbers to you, just in case you need a new pump.

desertbound

#19 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Nov 2 2008, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the stock pump, and the next (higher output) version of the Walbro as used on smaller Fords and misc other vehicles. But beware, most of the common Walbro's these days, and any "universal" EFI pumps will supply enough for up to 500hp, and will drain a lot more battery power. You could get stranded if running with headlights or a weak stator. As for appearance and size, all of the Walbro "externals" use the same casing -- only the stamped part number is different.

But with your opened fuel path on that new beast, I bet you can bump to the next pump output and likely not use any more amperage as compared to a stock pump that is struggling to suck through stock fittings. I'll get the price and part numbers to you, just in case you need a new pump.

Thanks, Dave

Deatons,

My car doesn't run on race fuel. Ha ha ha. Thank God for that.

thedeatons

#20 Post by thedeatons »

LOL