clutch basket

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Jan 26 2009, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like an excuse a slow person would use. wink.gif

No wonder you got owned in the utube video . You dont clutch in a drag race .

Happyboy

#12 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Jan 26 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No wonder you got owned in the utube video . You dont clutch in a drag race .

Owned. wacko.gif

Yeah, i'll get my revenge. No vids of my jockey riding it though. sad.gif

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Well I really dont believe clutch has anything to do with the bronze bearing wearing out.Its just not a good fit and being at the center of a very big gear it is subjected to loads from all directions not just rotational such as when using the clutch.The problem with bronze is it squishes very easily especially if the force isnt distributed evenly.Think of all the leverage there.Its huge.Needle bearings are problem free.Some type of insert would be a great upgrade if it worked.I have a couple old bronze baskets I would do.One seemed fine but within year was so bagged it started hitting the scavenger pump cover bolt.I dont use clutch when dragging either.

jniebuhr

#14 Post by jniebuhr »

Speed 1B what setup are you running on your drag bike for clutching? I do a ton of sand drags and Timbo is currently building my 505. any tips would be great.

Thanks Josh

Speed 1B

#15 Post by Speed 1B »

I use the thick plates with 2 steels in first. Im very hard on clutches cause i dont use a wheelie bar so my clutch acts as a traction and launch control device...using a bar this year so shouldnt be as hard on them.

My clutch lasts about 10-15 races before i usally have problems. Problems are mostly bent ears on the fibers.

This past year i used a clutch basket with a bronze bushing becasue i broke my basket with the bearing. The basket is so shot that it wobbled bad enough to wear into the oil line above the clutch basket. There is no way a bushing will live up to my abuse.

wistech

#16 Post by wistech »

I found a couple bushings if you want to try one.

Trouble

#17 Post by Trouble »

lemme guess...another must do upgrade...