antifreeze leak out water outlet

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
jtracker

#11 Post by jtracker »

Well that sucks. sad.gif ohmy.gif

wistech

#12 Post by wistech »

There was an overuse of silicone. When the head was set down the silicone displaced the seal out of the groove and pinched it in between the head and case. When the bolts were torqued cracking the case and the seal squirting out was inevitable. Ive seen this before . A very very light coating is ok but if there is so much its squirting out the headflanges problems arise.

jtracker

#13 Post by jtracker »

i just got this back from timbo building it. i know we wont know till we get the head off but do you think the piston is junk? it has a falicon stroker crank in it too.

Happyboy

#14 Post by Happyboy »

If what happened is as John described the internals should be just fine.

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

If this is an engine I was discussing with Tim a while back Im putting money down that the head stud pulled out.

jtracker

#16 Post by jtracker »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Sep 6 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If this is an engine I was discussing with Tim a while back Im putting money down that the head stud pulled out.

Was there a problem with the threads or something? Was it iffy on putting it back together then? Just curious. I think we are just gonna pull the motor and bring it to the group ride and have Tim look at it.

wistech

#17 Post by wistech »

Was this a replacement case that you provided ? If it was then Tim said one of the head bolts was not fully seated and he couldnt break it loose even with heat .

jtracker

#18 Post by jtracker »

Yes I bought the case from a member on here and had him send it directly to Tim. Did he just think it would have been ok?? Both of the head studs on the right side pulled out. Will get more pics. up to see. thanks for the help though!! Anybody have a case?

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

So who put the head on the motor? I can't believe Tim would use all that silicone.

jtracker

#20 Post by jtracker »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Sep 6 2009, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So who put the head on the motor?I cant believe Tim would use all that silicone.

Tim did. He rebuilt the whole engine and replaced everything inside. I just got it back from him and put it in.