Help with battery choice

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
claas900

#11 Post by claas900 »

Here you go. http://www.turntechbattery.com/TurnTech%20...ry/Welcome.html You'll pay for it tho. I do have one and its been great everything said about it is true,very light weight compared to the bs9.

Dachshund

#12 Post by Dachshund »

I remember you posting about that battery, Patrick. How long have you been using it?

claas900

#13 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (Dachshund @ Feb 28 2010, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember you posting about that battery, Patrick. How long have you been using it?

I'm trying to think? 6 to 10 months would be my best guess. I got the 5ah. Its light I have just 2 small rubber straps holding it down in the ecu tray.

cannondalemaine

#14 Post by cannondalemaine »

I bought i deka etx9 online since boomer hasnt been available and i would say it is by far the best battery i have ever purchased. Hasnt gotten low and even in sinle digits it has been turning over my hc467 like it is a little baby engine lol. For only 65.00 i cant complain about this battery (you dont even have to charge it, comes already charged)

cannondale440

#15 Post by cannondale440 »

In response to what I said, I guess bigger isn't exactly better, adds more weight and access becomes minimal. What I really meant to say was I can tell a big difference in cranking power from the stock 9 series battery. There were times when I would nearly drain my battery just trying to get it started. Well with the my new 12 series my cannon fired right up after sitting for 2yrs, got to say im very pleased with that.

Took it for a spin around the block with the wife on the back and lil did I know she had the rear brake pressed ><. I thought it felt a bit slugish for just having some semi flat tires......haha, got back to the garage and kept hearing a popping noise, thinking to myself wtf is that, never heard that in the 8yrs Ive owned it. Got to looking around where the pop was coming from and the rear caliper was smokin hot. At that time I knew what had happened. Sadly on top of that I noticed the rear master cylinder boot has a small crack/rip in it, I haven't yet checked out the full extent of it but it seemed to be missing alot of brake fluid, so I guess I maybe in the market for a new one soon.