Running Issue

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
zacke22

#11 Post by zacke22 »

Sorry everyone, I'm back at school unfortunately, but I'll get back to everyone on this issue asap when I get back home. Thanks for all the possible ideas to help.

proflow

#12 Post by proflow »

QUOTE:
"One thing I did notice though is that the inline filter starts to empty as I give it gas, and it seems as if the motor finally dies when you can't see anymore fuel in the filter. So, what should I do next? I guess I'm starting to assume my TPS needs recalibrated."

Sounds to me like a weak pump. Although you did say the return was strong, so maybe just a throttle recal. is in order. I check & adjust my throttle cal. often.

When I got my first dale I ran through all the little possibilities of what could be at fault. I even had Dr. Injector ultrasonic clean my injectors. Swap fuel lines , pump etc. etc.

With the help & knowledge of this forum I found it to simply be the spun flywheel. The first time I looked I thought it was fine, wrong. After pulling the nut & washer the writing was on the wall.

I'm glad I cleaned the fuel system though, the machine had sat for a couple of years before I bought it.

Best of luck---Proflow

zacke22

#13 Post by zacke22 »

Well I'm finally done with my internship for the summer, and I'm back home in missouri. I got the dale out today to take the ecu and throttle body off, would anyone with a D&M be willing to recalibrate the TPS for me, or do whatever needs to be done to the ecu to fix this? I could ship it out next week & paypal some $$$

proflow

#14 Post by proflow »

You guys rock.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

One thing I did notice though is that the inline filter starts to empty as I give it gas, and it seems as if the motor finally dies when you can't see anymore fuel in the filter. So, what should I do next? I guess I'm starting to assume my TPS needs recalibrated.

This is a problem.Properly flowing fuelsystem the filter should be almost empty with fuel just shooting through in a stream and should be like that all the time except when turned off and when turned off filter should fill up almost full with fuel.

Cdaleman440 suggested above "Try running new fuel line from the rear tank connector to the pump. If you fuel line is soft the pump will suck it shut as it pulls fuel from the tank. I just went threw this with mine."

Other possibility is your fuelpump isnt receiving full voltage or is on its way out.BATTERY and clean connections at pump and grounds.

FuelRegulator plugged or lines switched

*Dont forget if you accidentally ground the pump wires you will fry ECU.Be Careful and disconnect battery before servicing any of the pump wires*

If you still need throttle cal and tps check I would be happy to do it for you.Just cover shipping.

zacke22

#16 Post by zacke22 »

Thanks C27, I'll try these things this weekend.

zacke22

#17 Post by zacke22 »

Alright C27, i've checked, and rechecked anything and everything it could be. If you'd pm me your address I'll ship my throttle body and ecu to you, thats all you'd need right? If you want to go ahead and send me your paypal address i'll go ahead and take care of that also.

Canniboomer

#18 Post by Canniboomer »

Another simple check is to compare the running symptoms with the headlights ON vs OFF.
If the machine behaves differently?, try swapping the Voltage Regulator. Weird current output can cause the same type of stumbling symptoms when you give it more throttle, and the extra 75 watts of drain from the headlights can help you to detect that.

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats it.You checked your regulator by removing snapring and cleaning screen?Havent switched hoses recently?Before you do this take a pic of your fuel filter while it is running,Does it look like this at all times while running?Even stock filter should look like this easily for a season with a properly flowing fuel system.

[attachment=10449:Fuel_Fil..._Medium_.jpg]

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Had one once where we swapped everything and same symptoms.Changed wiring harness and it was fixed.Never got ahold of harness to try and pinpoint harness issue though.I guess what I am saying is something is going on here to affect your fuel flow be it electrical or mechanical.