Changed ECU now runs bad.

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Reeve

#11 Post by Reeve »

Well I got around to checking further into the speed. I checked the plug and it was kinda black but not too bad. It has one real ride on it and then it was missing and died . That plus the cranking it and it not running right makes me think that the amount of soot on the plug was not the problem. The flywheel is fine. The fuel didn't have any water in it and the filter seems ok. I pulled the oil filter and there are some tiny metal flakes in it but nothing like my brothers quad had before it munched the crank bearing. I was planning on a total tear down to update the crank and valve cover so I will go ahead with it. It just bothers me that I have no clue why it won't run right now.

Reeve

#12 Post by Reeve »

Man do I feel stupid. After a good wash I was about to tear the motor out for the updates that still need to be done soon. I think It's still going to come out before another ride. Well I thought I would give it one more try with fresh fuel and a new filter and it fired right up like new. The fuel was pure gas 92 and it was only about a month old. The filter was put on right before the last dune trip where I wrecked pretty hard. The quad still ran perfect after the wreck and my brother rode it for a full day. I swear I go through a fuel filter about every ride on this thing. I even thought of the filter and checked the return flow and it looked good. Now the return flow is great. So there was the big update. Now go along nothing to see here lol.

Canniboomer

#13 Post by Canniboomer »

These machines have fooled most all of us by now.
You are finally initiated, and now qualify to display a Cannondale "C" swoosh tattoo. tongue.gif

proflow

#14 Post by proflow »

Dave,

Just what does that tattoo look like ?
Who has one ?
I bet someone does, I want pic's !

New thread: The Cannondale Tattoo Pic Thread

Proflow

UpsMan

#15 Post by UpsMan »

Wistech