Gas Cap

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Knight440

#11 Post by Knight440 »

Has anyone tried the Aluminum one?

moto-rider-7

#12 Post by moto-rider-7 »

well the cr cap fits good i just got my cap put on and man can you reaf it down.
so if you do have a leaky cap go get a honda i payed $17 for my cap but well worth it.

and thanks for the tip.

Knight440

#13 Post by Knight440 »

Originally posted by moto-rider-7
well the cr cap fits good i just got my cap put on and man can you reaf it down.
so if you do have a leaky cap go get a honda i payed $17 for my cap but well worth it.

and thanks for the tip.

Great to hear it worked ill be getting one this week I knew there would be some Honda on this thing at some point;) Hey moto-rider-7 what year CR250 did you get does it make a diffrance?

haydug

#14 Post by haydug »

I don't think it matters, I've used anywhere from a 1998 cr 80 cap to a 2001 cr 250 cap. That's actually how I figured it out, I had a cr 80 for sale and my cap was pouring, so I tried it and bingo! I have also sent one to cannondale, before they changed there threads, but they still seem to seep a little

NRath

#15 Post by NRath »

I didn't add all the details to the "new molded" cap I got. The threads were cut deeper in the mold so it would catch better, apparently like the CR cap is. But the 'dale cap is free. I can tell a difference in how the new cap goes on compared to the old one, not to mention it keeps the gas in the tank! Good benefit!! Okay, so it's not cool and aluminum, but I'm still trying to pay for this thing.