Crank issues any help would be great

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

The z400 pin and bearing can be made to work but kind of pointless when we already have economical direct drop in pins and bearings . Rods are available from Carrillo as well if Tim doesnt have any. But really by the time your done with cobbling a bad crank back together you could have had brand new reliable one from Boomer cheaper. I used to sell cranks for a smoking good price till the supply of servicable ones ran out. Now if a crank needs a rod and pin stroking them is the way to go as it costs the same and is worth much more .

rayspeed

#12 Post by rayspeed »

New billet rods are roughly $200 and up if you can find one... Maybe Timbo happens to have one give him a call and see and have your crank builder check price and availibillity from Carillo. I would kind of like to know myself. I am not too sure that your crank guy is quite with it when it comes to these as there is no other rod that is a drop in. Did he press yours apart yet? I ask because not every crank builder has a set up that will work for these. I had a place here in town that was confident that they could do any kind of motorcycle crank there was till I gave them one!

Happyboy

#13 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (Boosteddiesel @ Oct 13 2011, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that's the case u can cross refrence parts to a quad that's still being made today at the dealer and order a pin for the z400 bearing my crank guy said figure out what Else uses it and he can press that pin in my crank

OK, use punctuation please. Holy smokes how do people make it out of school.

Now, you can't just press a new pin into our cranks. Our cranks are a 2 piece crank, meaning the pin is actually part of the crank half. You would need to mill it out, then press in a new pin. And of course, that is if the new pin is wide enough.

Boosteddiesel

#14 Post by Boosteddiesel »

I have been to Carrillo, but yet to see the rod and i don't have any contact info for timbo i found some stuff on ebay but i really need to know the right size i think it would be best to just find a new crank. i may need to hit up rayspeed on those 2 cranks.

MX Quad Dad

#15 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (Boosteddiesel @ Oct 16 2011, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i don't have any contact info for timbo

first one in the sponcer section of this forum

Matczak Machining (aka: timbomoose)
Call 1-814-796-6667 to reach "the monster maker"