TC vs. HMF

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
CdaleRacer0128

#11 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

and all i know is that it RIPS i can almost pull some 426's out of the corners and i fly by everything else out there..

jcv440

#12 Post by jcv440 »

thanks for posting the pics! That thing is lookin good! :head:

HouserCannondale

#13 Post by HouserCannondale »

thanks smile.gif :cool:

HouserCannondale

#14 Post by HouserCannondale »

one more questoin.. does it stick out past the grab bar? cause it kinda looks like it does. i know my hmf is really close adn i was hoping for something a little shorter.

jcv440

#15 Post by jcv440 »

No, it's short enough that it doesn't. It's close, but it's still within the grab bar.

KYmxracer52

#16 Post by KYmxracer52 »

My TC pipe on my Cannibal sticks out past the grab bar just a little. I wish it was shorter. Nac's put mine all together for me. When I stand it up to wash underneath, the tip of the pipe touches the ground before the bar does. Know anyway that I could shorten it to keep this from happening?

jcv440

#17 Post by jcv440 »

Make sure the ALuminum can part is seated in the "black expansion chamber part" real good. I think ours touch also when they're on the grab bar. I know it's a close fit. Tom wants to mount a pipe in the stock location and use the new stock Cannibal/Speed headpipe design for it. I might have to talk him into it.

KYmxracer52

#18 Post by KYmxracer52 »

If he did, I wonder if he would modify mine to make it fit in the stock location? I would hate to buy another one. They are pretty expensive. I'm just afraid that if the quad flipped and hit good on the rear end that it might mess the pipe up badly. I like where the pipe is on 426 quads. Looks like it's almost hidden. If you talk to him soon, ask him if he would consider modifying previous pipes to the new location. wink.gif I might try to call him soon to see also.

Brian

HouserCannondale

#19 Post by HouserCannondale »

where can i purchace one of these pipes? i might want one shorter like you guys are talking about though. looks awfully long to me.

JST

#20 Post by JST »

I made the switch from the HMF to the TC about 2 months ago and am very pleased with the TC.You said noise is not a problem, thats a good thing because it has a tremendous bark.If you were to look at Jason Luburgh's Pro Production bike (mx not tt)you would see that it is shorter and has a regular horizontal mounting bolt rather than the vertical bolt thru the grab bar.I'll have to stop by for a closer look to see where it is shortened since it is nowhere close to sticking out.As for where to buy a TC,I bought mine from Kyle at R&S,but I think it was the last one because Kyle took it off of his bike.I would try to call Nac's or Tom himself to locate one.