cannondale just dies while ridding.

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
haulinit

#11 Post by haulinit »

My igniton switch was causing some crazy things to happen. when ever it would get bumped or jiggled.

j2004jeepwrangler

#12 Post by j2004jeepwrangler »

Ill check the key switch. Its new too. But I always use it to kill the bike. I've put a new battery in it an still nothing. I've chased down every conector all good. I've checked my ground my guess would be the ecu itself or maybe low compresion. But it never smoked

beanie$440$peed

#13 Post by beanie$440$peed »

Loose intake boot? Or ripped caused mine two just stop when running great....replaced and fired right up

j2004jeepwrangler

#14 Post by j2004jeepwrangler »

Ok im fill stupid. I took off the fuel filter and no it will make a poof like its trying to fire. Has smoke coming out of the intake. But im thinking thats more cause the fuel. I got into a hurry and put mixed two stroke gas in it . I've drain it an im waiting tell tomorrow to get some race fuel. I Just hope It starts as far as the spark I put in another new plug it blue. Idk if the plug b rands matter but I went from a champion to the NGK. I ran the champion cause they was out of stock of the NGK. I do have the ported head and high comprsion valves so im hopeing the two stroke gas didn't hurt my injectors. Ill check the rubber on the intake. Everything on this bike that was rubber was just falling apart. But the throttle bottie to the head rubber seem good but I can see it going bad. As the rubber gorment for the sterring stem just rotten and fell out while riding. The history of the bike, I bought it in texas as a basket case piston was melted to the cyclender wall and the timing chain guid was so worn the tensnor went thru the guids. Valves hit the piston. Impeller was striped. I've rebuilt the hole motor cam was in spec sp I kept them and bought a new head. With the updates done. I had the z400 bearing put in. Put the auto bleeder on with alumnim impeller. Gas tank has the updates done. I have the drirct intake on. Motor mount bolt updates I've tried to do everything right so Ithe bike will be relyable. And don't have to hear crap from my neibor with the yfz. I do ride this bike almost every day around town. It a small town and legal but the one day I take it to some trials it just dies. When it was running great. I been trying to upload the video. Ill try and post a link

jesshamner

#15 Post by jesshamner »

Did you check the electrical connections under the ecu tray? My Buddy's quad was running due until we hit the trail and it turned out to be a lose connection up there.

j2004jeepwrangler

#16 Post by j2004jeepwrangler »

Under the ecu tray? Are you talking about where the key switch and kill botton plug in. And I made a mistake the injectors arnt even misting. I've tried changing the new ones out with my old ones witch worked but cut out in high rpms. Im getting good flow to the tank. I double check the flywheel and its still good. If all else fales ill save up and buy the s-1000

j2004jeepwrangler

#17 Post by j2004jeepwrangler »

Under the ecu tray? Are you talking about where the key switch and kill botton plug in. And I made a mistake the injectors arnt even misting. I've tried changing the new ones out with my old ones witch worked but cut out in high rpms. Im getting good flow to the tank. I double check the flywheel and its still good. If all else fales ill save up and buy the s-1000

j2004jeepwrangler

#18 Post by j2004jeepwrangler »

Ok this it really starting to hack me. I have spark and fuel. The bike was running great then just dies. I've sunk over 2 grand in this bike and it just keeps getting deeper. Im about to call it quits on it. Nothing but a pile of crap. I can't figure out what's wrong with it. It should run on striaght gas. I have check the flywheel. Good. I have check all wires. Good . Fuel is at 50 psi. Here the video I hope it helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lln0SLyPEGo...be_gdata_player

j2004jeepwrangler

#19 Post by j2004jeepwrangler »

Ok forget get that video im making a new youtube account so I know it works. Sorry this bike is just pushing me over the edge. Im tired of sinking money in a pile of crap. Don't get me wrong the bikes great when running. But. Im getting fed up with always have to fix it.

comander420

#20 Post by comander420 »

One time my wire coming out of my flywheel where it routes through case had an issue. Can't remember how I found it or what I did to fix it, but you had to wiggle it and then it would start.