balancing the crank

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
saleen_1

#11 Post by saleen_1 »

did you see the word retail?and anyway my buddy paid 3400.00 for his 460 kit for his ex,though trinity.thats just performance work.no realiabilty modifications.power is not cheap,and realiabilty is more.mine is a whole different bike now.not just the power but the shifting too.

claas900

#12 Post by claas900 »

Cannon27, No maybe it wasnt necessary,I just flet it needed to be said,guess I should have said it on a different forum? But your right he did answer the question. Very few people seam ok with the price increase,and some justify it with its "amazing" how much R&D cost,SBM must be the only ones doing R&D??What about Sparks? Trinity? I have no dought in my mind they do great work, I'v even talked with Dustin a few times and so has some of my friends.

Cannon27, I'v read in a few other post were I think it was you who said that you felt SBM didnt answer all the questions to their fullest,like they were with holding information..along with a few other people on here,or waiting for a problem to come out then confronting it.I agree with you,I'v felt that way a lot reading these posts.But again I have no dought in SBM's work...I have yet to hear about one of there motor's letting go..

But I would like to know more on how to ballance a crank in a motor with a counter balance?

Sorry im not bashing,or anything..maybe just venting a little?? i'll get off my soap box now

smile.gif

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

claas900 you may have took my response wrong I am not saying I dont agree with you.I am not sure about that yet I need more info.I just thought the words you used were off base.

J. Delaney

#14 Post by J. Delaney »

The amount of speed is directly proportional to the amount of green you are willing to spend. Is there another company out there that has been willing to invest as much time/money in the cannondale product? I don't see Trinity or Sparks taking the time to come on this forum and answer questions. If the demand for their product is there, why not charge what ever the market will bear??

claas900

#15 Post by claas900 »

.I apligize Cannon27,no hard feelins..sometimes its hard to understand what a person is trying to say or express on here biggrin.gif ...But i would like to know more about blanceing a crank on a counter blance motor?...i think my 03 speed it loseing a crank bearing??

crashed

sbm prices

#16 Post by crashed »

What price for performance? We all know that its relatively inexpensive to get 90% of performance/reliability on any motor/system. It's the last 5-10% that's expensive and time consumming to achieve. Is it worth it? I don't know, but I do know that many races are determined by fraction of second /feet and when you are on the loosing end it's frustrating!!

Crashed!biggrin.gif

cannondale27

Balancing the crank

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

What is the relationship of the counterbalancer to the crank as far as balancing goes?
Is the crank balanced with weight of piston and rod?Or is the counterbalancer included somehow?

J. Delaney

#18 Post by J. Delaney »

Races are not always won with the fastest engine. Suspension can often make as great of a difference as a good running engine.

southbaymoto

#19 Post by southbaymoto »

The counter balancer only assists the crankshaft to help cancel out vibration. The counter balancer was never changed in the engine. Cannondale decided to change the crank specifications for more economical production.

The vendor that mfgs. the cranks overlooked the fact that the new mfg. process altered the "balance factor". This means the new crank does not match the original balance specifications. Thereby the newer engines have more vibration. These cranks need to be balanced to match the counter balancer in order to true up the balance factor and reduce vibration.

Dustin
SBM