Pulling Motor?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
KYmxracer52

#11 Post by KYmxracer52 »

When I removed my motor to do the engine stud update, I labeled all hoses and wires with masking tape. Sure helped a lot when it came time to put it back in.biggrin.gif

haydug

#12 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by KYmxracer52
When I removed my motor to do the engine stud update, I labeled all hoses and wires with masking tape.  Sure helped a lot when it came time to put it back in.biggrin.gif

That is a good idea for first timers as well. Radiator can be removed in less than 5 minutes. 2 bolts and slide it out. Same for the fan, 2 top bolts, unplug it and set it aside.

Mjollnir

#13 Post by Mjollnir »

Third article down at:

http://www.cannondaler.com/articles.php

Great bit of work by "wjr" I think...

Sandstorm

#14 Post by Sandstorm »

Take pictures before you start anything. It helps the first time you go to put it back in. Take them from the top of motor also to see how things were routed.

EuroGOD

#15 Post by EuroGOD »

You've got all the tips and advice needed so far....these guys have you covered!
#1 drain oils and coolant
#2 remove fuse and then battery and tray
#3 remove radiator
#4 disconnect electrical connections and oil hoses (Don't forget the small hose that goes to the radiator resevoir!!! )
#5 Swingarm pivot bolt (I like to leave a punch in to keep the frame/swingarm alignment)
#6 Undo engine cradle and lower engine (some guys will remove the cradle first but I like to see the whole thing as one "unit")
#7 Grab yourself a BEER! :drink:

Lippy91

#16 Post by Lippy91 »

Just pulled mine two weeks ago. But I lost one of the little nut and bolt to the fuel inj. clip. Anyone know the size, or how I can get a new one? sad.gif