Cannondale go boom?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Dale512

#11 Post by Dale512 »

Grrr, mine just did the same thing today. I just installed the Stage 8 less than a month ago on only have about 10 hours on it since the Stage 8. How would I go about turning the engine with the Flywheel?

Dale512

#12 Post by Dale512 »

Alright, I spun the stator Clockwise and it spins, but it seems like it as something holding it up alittle bit. It'll spin, but it gets pretty rough sometime, and sometimes I can spin it whole revolution without any holdup whatsoever, so I'm just gonna pull the engine anyhow. This thing drives me crazy
:confused:

cdrookie

#13 Post by cdrookie »

this may sound elementry and i'm not saying you're stupid or anything... but did you take the spark plug out before you turned it over?:confused:

EuroGOD

#14 Post by EuroGOD »

Originally posted by Dale512
Grrr, mine just did the same thing today. I just installed the Stage 8 less than a month ago on only have about 10 hours on it since the Stage 8. How would I go about turning the engine with the Flywheel?

Whoooa there Geronimo...
Can you describe the problems you had. Sometimes, things may sound the same but in actual fact turn out to be something completly different.

Dale512

#15 Post by Dale512 »

Well, um.....opps, forgot too take the plug out:eek:

EuroGod, my symptons sound the same as Craig's down too a tee.

Although he didnt mention it this in his description, I been hearing a clicking noise, like the something hitting inside the left side of the engine, it comes and goes.

WJR

#16 Post by WJR »

Ughh, if you can spin the crank and then it gets really rough and sticky at times and at other times it seems to spin fine, and its not the compression, you gotta add rod bearing to your list of possiblities. When mine went, I just got home after a day of riding, everything was fine, went to warm it up to change the oil. up the street, it died, started, rode back, died again, restarted, revved it, it and then it locked. I hope that isnt the case.

WJR

Dale512

#17 Post by Dale512 »

Ahh, man don't tell me that. I just took the sidecover off and everything looks tight inside there.

I bet its the Rod Bearings cause it was making a knocking sound and I beleive I read somewhere that it makes a knocking sound before the Rod Bearings go.

Big Winky

#18 Post by Big Winky »

We had one in our shop this last weekend doing the exact same thing. It was the crank rod bearing.