Really fast C-Dale Winter Project!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

I can see a shootout in the making.Personally I dont care about dyno numbers when I see the two quads run against each other and then switch riders those are the results I want to see with my own eyes not in some magazine.James I think you are on the right track with the extensive mods they make it has to be worth it.Also I dont think you can overlap all mods for instance if you get a port job which adds 5hp to a stock quad then you get a pipe which gives a stock quad 5hp you dont necassarily get 10hp if you do both.Think about it now cannondale has the aftermarket competing this is awesome everyone will benefit.

jbomb

#12 Post by jbomb »

I would like to go with the stage 111, but I am a little nervous about pulling the motor. Is it a hard job to do and what all do you need to send them?

LapTraffic

#13 Post by LapTraffic »

What the cost of your HMF pipe?

I got ya on the differences in final power, again, Im kindof analyzing the 'bang for the buck' potential of the two mods. Looks like trinity gives you some quick gains, but Southbay has a considerable amount more to offer with the end product.

You've more than got my attention and Im really looking forward to updates from you on the process.

Thanks !

LapTraffic

#14 Post by LapTraffic »

oh and 1 other thing. I think horse power to the rear tire is a pretty accurate tool for power gains.

I say this because even switching riders a great deal of available power is lost through poor traction in a drag race. Tires can compensate for a lot.

So if the tires and the bikes are the same, and the only thing different is the mod, then we're on an even playing field.

Sorry, it's the coffee talkin now.

AlaskaSpeed

#15 Post by AlaskaSpeed »

Well,
Seeing how my head is already at Trinity, I am going to be running their port/polish and see what we see. I figure even if it does nothing, it's not an enormous amount of money and I believe the benefit will in fact be there. Asking someone to shell out 400.00 compared to 2300.00 is not really even comparable; and I doubt the average weekend amateur racer will notice what 4 hp feels like.
I am not doubting South Bay, just think that ol' Harry knows a thing or two about 4 stroke motors as well and it's a viable option for a small price.
I look forward to finding out results on the South Bay job and be sure that I will give detailed results on my Trinity job..........JIM

Ryanstones

hmmm

#16 Post by Ryanstones »

I've only read/heard about 2 dale owners with trinity upgrades. both of which are currently nonfunctional and one of which took many months to complete. Maybe that's just a fluke and no fault of trinity. But.....
As for southbay, nobody really knows just yet but they do seem very professional and a 1 week turnaround is worth lots of $$$ i'd say. Increased reliablilty claims are very attractive too. Not trying to offend. Please trinity lovers don't blast me, just observations. I hope your work goes well and quick Alaska! Thanks for the info James. You gettin a commission from southbay? biggrin.gif just kiddin, can't wait to hear your results!

MotoRacer

#17 Post by MotoRacer »

james, do u know the exact hp of a stock moto440. do u think this southbay kit is worth the money, for the kinds of track in d.34? im thinking about it, but i don't wanna have just tire spin from too much power coming out a corner. also, that is alot of money for 16hp. if i mention you when i call them, how much do u think the kit will come to be? thanks man.

Moto

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

I heard the same from Walsh sr. he said they tried two different profiles going on both sides of cannondale grind with no improvement.

Derno24

#19 Post by Derno24 »

Hey guys I know I am jumping in on this discussion a little late, but here goes my 2 cents. I made some calls for my own knowledge. The trinity set-up gets around 46hp that is with a port and polish, remap, and pipe. I have heard that stock for the cannondale moto/blaze is anywhere from 39-42 rwhp. The trinty kit would then give you realistically about 4-7 hp.

The southbay kit. From what I was told it is more about making the bike stronger, but alot more reliable. They replace alot of items that could give you problems over time. They also tweak it for more performance in the stage 1 kit. This does not include a pipe. I figure realistically that you would get about 49 rwhp with the stage 1 and a pipe. I was told about 5hp with the stage 1 and 7 hp is a little high for just a pipe I am figuring about 5hp max. So yes it is more expensive for the stage one from south bay than it is for the port and polish from trinity, but they are reliable ponies. You are basically upgrading your internal parts. Where the power adds on is the stage 2 and stage 3.

My 2 cents is if you have the money and want the power just go with the stage 3. With the stage 3 you are probably looking at 55-60 hp. More than what I will ever need in the woods. I will probably get the stage 1 or 2 from southbay after something happens to the motor. It just isn't worth the money right now to rush into anything. Remap your bikes and get a pipe that is the most hp you can get without big money.

I have now babbled for too long. Sorry for that.

Derno24

#20 Post by Derno24 »

James,

I am definitely looking to do an upgrade just not sure which yet. I really don't need a 450 kit, but it sounds nice. Toys you got to love them.

I really enjoyed talking to their service manager he was really helpful with the different stages. It was explained to me that both the Stage 2 and 3 make the power band less snappy.