Stalling on a Small Hill

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Derno24

#11 Post by Derno24 »

Well you will still get some chain slap even when it is correctly adjusted, but if you let the chain get tooo sloppy then it will stall. This happens more on jumps, but if you are hitting a rough uphill it may happen. Happened to me once.

cdrookie

#12 Post by cdrookie »

i got mine brand new and on my first ride i was going along and it shut off. i hit the button and it fired up. the trail was as smooth as it gets. another time i was going thru a small whoops section and it shut off, then started right up. it also likes to shut off on the step up jump at rausch creek's intermediate atv track. did it twice in a row there. d&m doesn't show anything wrong and it hasn't done it for a while so who knows?

TheJaspMan

#13 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by cdrookie
i got mine brand new and on my first ride i was going along and it shut off. i hit the button and it fired up. the trail was as smooth as it gets. another time i was going thru a small whoops section and it shut off, then started right up. it also likes to shut off on the step up jump at rausch creek's intermediate atv track. did it twice in a row there. d&m doesn't show anything wrong and it hasn't done it for a while so who knows?

Very strange. Definetly sounds electrical. I had a car that the headlights and wipers would flash every once in a while. Never could figure it out. I had to mount them both up to toggle switches with direct wires. Sad, very sad...:cry:

Happyboy

#14 Post by Happyboy »

Your wipers would flash??!! WAH!!! Now thats an electrical problem! :w:

Derno24

#15 Post by Derno24 »

Yeah dales can be quirky, but chain tension matters and I swear that after you do a throttle recal it makes them run alot better less stalling.

Jammer72

#16 Post by Jammer72 »

Make sure that the fuel filter is clean or new. I just finished fighting a problem on a new dale that was doing the same thing. Replaced the fuel filter and it stopped.

TheJaspMan

#17 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by Happyboy
Your wipers would flash??!!  WAH!!!  Now thats an electrical problem! :w:

I am still confused about that wording. I need to read before I post!! :eek:

jcv440

#18 Post by jcv440 »

Also make sure your idle is high enough. I stalled my Dale 19 times at the Powerline track the first time I rode it. Raised the idling, and never stalled her again.