Air box mod

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
sillysspeed

#11 Post by sillysspeed »

Originally posted by iceracer17
Doesn't anyone tune on a dyno?:confused: [/B]

I've been wondering the same thing. It's the only way to get max power.

iceracer17

#12 Post by iceracer17 »

Alright here's a pic.It don't look like much but like i said it's for dry conditions and it works.smile.gif I don't know if i would chop your only airbox cover to do it,i did because this quad is only for flattrack/tt racing.If anybody wants one made,I have a airbox on ebay and will split it up for $50.Of coarse it would look better than this one.

J. Delaney

#13 Post by J. Delaney »

What mods does your quad have? What map are you running, exhaust, how have you adjusted flowrate and offset, etc...

How does the engine perfrom with your mod? Give us a little more info please!

smile.gif

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

He has the FX400 cannible version.It is tuned with a mill tool since it has the MC500.The quad is fast and only mod is that pipe and airbox.

iceracer17

#15 Post by iceracer17 »

Everything's on the dyno sheet.The mixture screw was leaned a 1/2 turn and i leaned the low end a little.Air/fuel was 12.5 to 1.I have that graph also if you want to see it.wink.gif

timbomoose

#16 Post by timbomoose »

I did basically the same mod to mine,cut a hole in the air box behind the steeering stem in front of the gas tank.I took a piece of screen and screwed it over the hole and put a piece of foam over it and left the piece of plastic that covers that area off.It does make a difference.Gaged in a drag race and made about a quad length difference in about 600-700ft.It works for sure but ONLY use in dry conditions.

sillysspeed

#17 Post by sillysspeed »

Thanks to your guys ideas I've modded a airbox lid. I actually found a filter that fits great. Its a perfect size for the lid. Its a briggs + stratton filter part#399877. I wish KN made a replacement filter. I'll try to get a few pics up soon. :usa

superfly

k&n panel filter

#18 Post by superfly »

K&N Panel Filters

Have you guys checked to see if any of these filters would work? Why hasnt anyone came up with a custom like aluminum airbox yet? why not run two round k&n's up front under the plastic?

JST

#19 Post by JST »

Haydug actually has a prototype set up of something like what you are takin about.Maybe he will chime in and answer your curiosity.

superfly

air box

#20 Post by superfly »

Haydug please tell me more about your setup and post pics if u dont mind. It would be nice to make a new airbox design that would work for all riding conditions and work with the 250R conversion.