Red Hot Setup For Cannondale

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Canniboomer

#11 Post by Canniboomer »

...yep, reading on-the-fly maybe not so practical....but the Sendec FSA600 tach is really a 4-function, with realtime readout plus an interesting peak-rpm recall feature, so you can monitor how high your kid revved up the motor....anyway, even more handy for setting idle and noting performance issues at certain rpms....but also handy is the total hours meter, AND the re-settable service-interval timer that you can program -- for those of us that can't remember how old that oil is!!, with a growing family of quads in the garage....This top-line Sendec is expensive but rugged, USA made $85 shipped.

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

I am on this as soon as the reports come out.****** good point!

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by ******
A true tach line would also be good for when you on a dyno:)

I have taken mine to the dyno 3 seperate times and the guy has never had a problem getting a tach reading out of the exsisting set-up. Not sure if this would be necessary for that at all.

Jaybr

#14 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by Derno24
I have taken mine to the dyno 3 seperate times and the guy has never had a problem getting a tach reading out of the exsisting set-up.  Not sure if this would be necessary for that at all.

Very true, I get the tach reading fine on my AFR meter by tapping into the blue wire going to the coil and just make sure it's not set for inductive.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

My dyno guy couldnt get a accurate reading.I have no idea why maybe something wrong with dyno.I kinda thought that I should have got around 50hp rather than 40some also.wink.gif

Canniboomer

#16 Post by Canniboomer »

.....just moving back to the side-benefit of the separate coil and
hotwire, we can then use any inductive products out there....the Sendec in particular is sweet, since all it uses is the single wrap-around wire downstream from the coil -- no tapping into your ignition circuit -- and still gives accurate hours along with the tach functions up to 14000 rpm. How can it work with only the 1 wire?
(maybe it has a lifetime lithium with solar recharge? or some kind of inductive recharge? who knows)...But they are widely used
on rental equipment for maintenance monitoring. I tried to make it work with our stock coils, and others here have tried similar products, but all of us have failed -- no way to get the pick-up signal.........now we can.

kdeal

#17 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by cannondale27
My dyno guy couldnt get a accurate reading.I have no idea why maybe something wrong with dyno.I kinda thought that I should have got around 50hp rather than 40some also.wink.gif

Steve,

It must have been one of dem der Honda dynos.

:eek:

moto440man

#18 Post by moto440man »

Any updates Jaybr and Cannonboomer?

Jaybr

#19 Post by Jaybr »

My new one hasn't shown up yet, expecting it today.

acarli3

#20 Post by acarli3 »

So what is the verdict? Is there a power increase or is the manufacturer blowing hot air?