well...it isn't the crank

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
blaze#52

update!

#11 Post by blaze#52 »

this happened sunday and I just got the engine back together and timed it up tonight, bout another half hour and it will be ready to install. He was running third gear when it dropped. I am leaning toward swampdales theory. it is a very clean break at the bottom of the stem. The stem slid right out of the head and was not bent. The last harescramble we were at he got hung up and held it off the revlimiter while rocking it back and forth, that i know did not help the matter. We have the district 15 state championship harescramble in tow weeks, i hope to have the eninge done tomarrow so he can check it out this weekend. thanks for the feed back, also so measured the rod side clearence on the crank it was at .018" both of my cannondale cracks were at.015, my winky crank was at .007" should he be worried about this? it turns free and smooth,

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

.018 is about where all the cranks were that I measured.Run it!

blaze#52

#13 Post by blaze#52 »

ok, that makes me feel a little better about that. I though that was possible part of the problem with the rods moving to much? just wondering

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

The big sideclearance isnt a problem.Up and down is what you need to check.Rod should turn on crank very smoothly and not pivot on crank sideways.There is specs for this in engine manual somewhere.

USAMoto00

#15 Post by USAMoto00 »

You guys are good!:clap: :usa