New Winky Cranks

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
DangerRanger

#11 Post by DangerRanger »

Steve, I see your point. you want what you paid for..wish i could help.

however, I hope your electrical system is now up to par!biggrin.gif

iceracer17

#12 Post by iceracer17 »

At least winky's drain plugs are holding up.rolleyes.gif

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

I also noticed some tiny cracks in pin weld flywheel side.This is a bigger weld than I have ever seen for this purpose and gear was not removed to weld behind it.A spot or two would be all thats necessary normally.All that weld could throw crank out of true also.

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

I am convinced that the majority of the varying sideclearance is caused from the rod sides being surfaced on a angle(not 90 deg to pin).Reason I think this is because if you rotat the rod on the pin the tight and loose spots stay in same spot in relation to rod.

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

And get a new camara. Take that fuzzy focus thing out and:hammer:

WolfmanGK

#16 Post by WolfmanGK »

Wow, uh, wow. I would not put up with getting a poor product because it's the only gig in town (Which it is NOT). Would you guys rather Steve just keep this to himself, and have someone unwittingly put a crank like this in their Dale? Sorry, I agree with Thomez.

thomez

#17 Post by thomez »

Someone agrees with me about something, I'm in shock :wow

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

Guys,Winky did have a warranty on the first crank but honestly at the time I could have cared less about warranty since I was totally convinced he was trying to do his best and he was the ONLY one doing cranks I never checked the first crank at all just put it in.When it blew everything looked fine except for the cage of bearing was gone.Things obviously changed but I would never hold someone to a warranty under those circumstances and only sent the shot crank and plate to him cause he offered.After mine was in the quad I heard rumors but it was only heresay.This isnt heresay or rumors.You even have pics.Lesson learned for me and It wont happen again.

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Got a email today.

Steve,

We have discovered that the machining of a few the crank halves which we farmed out to a machine shop resulted in the holes being machined .002-.004 out of parallel of the crank centerline. We are replacing the crank we sent you with one correctly machined. I will enclose some cash with the crank to cover shipping of the crank back to us.

Jim,
Diamond Racing

I also asked for replacement of crankplate which was damaged.I never contacted him so this shows initiative.We will see.

dalewannbe

#20 Post by dalewannbe »

Maybe he saw your thread?

I was hoping this wasn't the type of work Winky was doing! Its sounds like he has a couple cranks out there still working. I would like to know why DangerRanger is building an R or Z, rather than a cannondale, what did he hear/learn?