Is my Cannibal going to die?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
ABM-CANNIBAL

#11 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

One more thing that I noticed it is doing. When you turn the key on, the fuel injection primes and when you go to hit the starter button, it cranks and stops kind of like trying to start a truck with a dead battery. When you let go and hit the starter button again, it starts fine. What do you think it is?

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

Sure sounds like decompression to me.You might get away with just removing the valve cover and removing whats left of it and running your race that way.Just try and get all the broken parts out of there before you run it anymore.

bombsquad54

#13 Post by bombsquad54 »

your back ss oil filter next to your bottom spar drain boldt should have some sizable pieces of lever. make sure to clean out that head. i would pull the motor, mine had ALOT of metal inside the valve cover, im 90% sure its the decompression lever. very ez fix just pull the motor and put a new exhast cam. or decomp. lever assy.whatever you do do nto run the quad, i ran mine and did extra damage.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#14 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

Looks like no race for me. Went to unload my bike from my truck so I could put it away and I tried starting it. It started for a about 2 seconds and shut off. Tried and tried again and it wouldn't start. When it was cranking, the exhaust sounded real muffled.

bombsquad54, is this what your bike did when it quite? I will pull the motor out over the Thanksgiving weekend and see how much damage was done.

bombsquad54

yep

#15 Post by bombsquad54 »

my bike ran perfect , accept for the ticking, then it died and wouldnt turn over. 30 min later it stated and made no noise!! then i pulled it about 20 yards to my house and clunk!!! it died and would start back up. when the decomp breaks it can keep it from starting by too much compression or too little. check your valve clearence when you replace everything, it knocked my valves way off! check your PMs and call.