lost bad this weekend need help!!!!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Derno24

#11 Post by Derno24 »

As for your quad quiting if the chain isn't adjusted right it is due to load on the motor. It is more sensitive with the fuel injection system.

As for a dropped HEX code it wouldn't run at all. I also have never heard of a partial map either, but I am not saying it might not happen.

I would look at a throttle recal as your culprit. I would also get your idle up to the 2100 rpm too.

cannondale440

#12 Post by cannondale440 »

The reason I say to check your battery connections is because I've had the same behavior from mine before. It turned out to be a loose connection to the battery, it would run fine, start fine and everything but every so often it would viberate just enough to kill my quad. It would even start right backup like it wasnt loose, like the third or 4th time it died I finally took a quick scan of everything. Sure enough loose batt connection.

CannondaleRider

#13 Post by CannondaleRider »

I'm guessing you need your throttle calibrated, And not because I know about it, but because krashs quad was doing the same thing and after we calibrated it, it stopped.smile.gif

Psychosis

#14 Post by Psychosis »

These things are crazy! Mine's done the same thing twice before. Once it was the chain.

The other time it was something that hasn't been mentioned. The killswitch kept shorting out where the wires were spliced together. I kept messing w/it where it had been taped up and all and it kept shutting off when I did it. I just worked that over and no more problems. Check that out as well.

ducman

#15 Post by ducman »

I have had the same problem with mine, and Doug had the same problem with Kenny's bike. I think the problem is in the key switch, if the contact would break it would cause the relay to drop out and you would have to hit the starter button to power up the relay again. I found a post that Doug put up some time ago about a key switch, when he took it apart it was full of junk and not making contact. I have not checked mine out yet because my engine is out for a head gasket, but I have ruled out about everything else (wiring harness, ecu, throttle position senser). Hope this helps.

speed2424

#16 Post by speed2424 »

I think this is the thread you are talking about.
http://63.208.1.219/vbb/showthread.php?s=&...t=status+lights

ducman

#17 Post by ducman »

iWantaTurbo

#18 Post by iWantaTurbo »

key switch looked brand new when i took it apart?

Topher201

#19 Post by Topher201 »

I have a motor for sale that runs fine if you want to buy that. $2300 if your interested

cdrider02

#20 Post by cdrider02 »

have you checked the o-rings inside the fuel fittings? They can deteriorate and partially clog the fittings causing low fuel volume. Make sure when the pump is on that there is a hard, steady stream returning to the tank.