Another Winky crank bites the dust

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#11 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

Originally posted by cannondale27
R&D=Rob & Decieve ?Wonder who Dale118 is?Any guesses?How about some info on where you get this knowledge?

Hey what a coincidence ! There's a guy just down the road,,, he
has a cdale with #118 all over it. He was running at the local drag strip a few months back, I believe he goes by the name of little winkey, .:w:

aroracer72

#12 Post by aroracer72 »

Hey......this is important...when you got your crank.....did you get the crank plate oil flow mod??????.........and you got the 600 dollar crank..right???.......okay well he sent me the wrong case bearings...they were too wide....and if you used teh bearing he sent there is not enough clearance between crank plate and crank...and your motor would blow up soon after its initial running. I got a crank from him and crank plate mod...and i noticed the bearings being too wide...found an alternate bearing with right clearance...and am prayin it holds up jsut for one season of mx track only. I mean cranks arnt a difficult thing to rebuild/build. Its jsut to halves......that hold a rod in the middle...LOL...he should be able to do THAT correctly for his 600 dollars. I examined the crank very carefully...measured everything and it all seemed to check out......so he prolly built mine right...i dont know about yours????.......he might have built mine better then others cause i gave him HECK about it....called him constantly...and basically rode his *** to do a great job!!!!....which is what everybody deserves!!!...........if my crank gos in 30 minutes..or after 2 rides or something...words cant describe how crushed or PO'd off id be.
CHAD

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

You would think that a builder worth anything having found a critical error such as selling wrong bearings would get on phone and warn all who bought bearings to make sure they are right ones.

jwheat

#14 Post by jwheat »

R & D (Research & Development) is something you do with a product you're testing and modifying. It is NOT something you sell to your customers and hope it works. Good R & D'ers get the bugs out before they sell it to the public.:no:

aroracer72

Tooth&nail

#15 Post by aroracer72 »

hey...did you use the crank plate and case bearings that winky set to you????
CHAD

toothandnail

#16 Post by toothandnail »

Yes it was all the "new" design with roller bearings , rod bearings ect.

aroracer72

#17 Post by aroracer72 »

Yeah his all new design................in all honesty....his crank in itself checked out fine.....but its his crank plate bearings and case bearing that didnt....soo if you used the crank plate bearing...and case bearing that he sent to you...your crank was doomed the minute you started assembling. I am positive that if you use a different crank plate bearing and case bearing.....your motor woulda held up jsut dandy and would run for a long time like it SHOULD have. But its not your fault...Big Winky is careless in details and obviously missed that he was sending out too wide of bearings. If you get different bearings....his crank should work fine. I will let you all know how mine turns out.
CHAD