spits sputters, dies and an occasional backfire!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
moto440

#11 Post by moto440 »

cool no wonder cause mine doesnt have lights, thanx,

TheJaspMan

#12 Post by TheJaspMan »

When is the last time the quad was on a D&M? The backfire could indicate needing to be recalibrated.

moto440

#13 Post by moto440 »

i have no clue, maybe its never been on one. i dont know where to go to have it done and right now i dont have a computer to do it with let alone the money to get one now either, so i am kinda screwed on that one i think

TheJaspMan

#14 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by moto440
i have no clue, maybe its never been on one.  i dont know where  to go to have it done and right now i dont have a computer to do it with let alone the money to get one now either, so i am kinda screwed on that one i think

That is probably one of the first things you will want to do. Where in the 'central u.s.' are you located?

moto440

#15 Post by moto440 »

i am in illinois about and hour or so from chicago

how much do the d&m kits go for? where do i find them, can they be gotten used??

TheJaspMan

#16 Post by TheJaspMan »

i am in illinois about and hour or so from chicago

how much do the d&m kits go for?  where do i find them, can they be gotten used??

No sense in looking for used. They almost never go for less than new.

They run $300 but is probably the one tool you MUST have to keep a Cdale running right.

If you can find someone with a Dealer Cal unit, they can hook it up. I think that is the first place you need to look to fix your issues.

I really doubt it's the plug or gas or electric. I think it needs to be calibrated.

moto440

#17 Post by moto440 »

do you think an atk dealer could do it? there isnt any near me but right now thats my only guess to find one

TheJaspMan

#18 Post by TheJaspMan »

do you think an atk dealer could do it?  there isnt any near me but right now thats my only guess to find one

I'm sure they could. Another option is to find a local rider with a Cal unit. Someone must have one around there.

moto440

#19 Post by moto440 »

what all does the recal invole what do you have to do to the machine?

dalewannbe

#20 Post by dalewannbe »

I'm in northwestern IL. I have the D&M, but wouldn't be able to access your ecu without the code.............unless someone knows a way around that?

Which direction are you from Chicago?

Wannablaze lives in the suburbs somewhere.