Stick of cannondale after 2 days. HELP!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wanablaze

#11 Post by wanablaze »

Like 27 said, it may have something to do with shorting the fuel pump/spiking the ECU. See if the fuel pump runs all the time or at all for that matter.

azcannon

#12 Post by azcannon »

Originally posted by Mjollnir
Sorry, I can't even slog through you post. Use paragraphs and the Shift key, and proofread for cripes sake!

No offense meant, it's just very hard to read.

Marc

UH - OH its the paragraph police !

just joking with you Marc or is it Mark

Mjollnir

#13 Post by Mjollnir »

Woop!Woop!

I spell it right - with a "C". :drink:

Marc

azcannon

nuts or bonkers

#14 Post by azcannon »

You have to be looney about cannondales when you take the K out of our name and put a " C " in it , if cannondales were named mannondales your name would be Marm.
Think about it man

had to edit because of premature submitting and failure to properly " protect " myself from the para - popo

I think you should lock this post , this has gone too far.

cdrookie

#15 Post by cdrookie »

he's in pa. is there anyone in pa that knows anything about dales?rolleyes.gif

if your battery isn't full charged don't try starting the dale in cold weather, you'll just foul the plug. only use a trickle charger to charge it. jump starting it and riding it around to fully charge the battery isn't a good idea, unless you ride it really hard around the yard, otherwise you might be in for a long walk. a blown fuse will kill everything, bike won't do anything. sounds like a battery/plug problem to me.

Derno24

#16 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by cdrookie
he's in pa. is there anyone in pa that knows anything about dales?rolleyes.gif

NO!biggrin.gif

GDITheman

#17 Post by GDITheman »

if you had a spark while wrenching on the fuel pump, then you may have shorted it out. i blew mine with a huge park when i was trying to hook the charger up.

note to self. be very very careful when working near the dale with live wires in hand.

acarli3

#18 Post by acarli3 »

You have a fouled plug. Get the D&M kit and lean out some until the backfiring is gone. the knob you are turning sound like the idle. These bikes idle higher than most. You'll also be able to ensure your idle is at 2200-2400RPM with the D&M kit.

exracer12

#19 Post by exracer12 »

bike starts when charger is on it. when its not on it just kills the battery from cranking it. Where is there a prime button? When the bike starts it runs like a champ!. Which way do you turn the idel to turn it down? (clockwise or counter clockwise?)

I am located in shenandoah pa if anyone is close to me?

Happyboy

#20 Post by Happyboy »

Here is the normal starting routine when cold.....

I turn the key on....
tap the start button (don't hold the clutch)
you will hear the fuel pump prime. (I do this a couple times until you hear the fuel pump sound pressurized versus the shrill it will make if it is dry.)
turn key off
turn key back on
hold clutch in
tab start button (you will hear it turn over for just a sec)
count to 5
hold start button for 3 seconds. (it should start or sound like it is about to start)
repeat the last one if necessary.

If you do that last step a few times and it won't start something is wrong. Fuel delivery or idle is off.

When you get this thing going you will find your own method of starting it. Some need to be primed like the above, some do not. You will get it.