no neutral when its running????

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
banzairx7

#11 Post by banzairx7 »

When I got my bike it was impossible to find neutral. I switched to redline lightweight shock proof oil. It made it a million times easier to get into neutral. Its still a little hit and miss but I get probably 75% of the time on the 1st shot instead of never getting it in.

Cdale_racer_669

#12 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

to tell u the truth, i never use nuetral. if i stop riding i usually want it to not roll around, if i want it to roll around its usually off lol

acarli3

#13 Post by acarli3 »

Neutral!?.....You don't need no stinken neutral!tongue.gif

zoommx

#14 Post by zoommx »

Originally posted by iWantaTurbo
i can do it somtime if im moving.

you all take off in second? you must be lower elv. or way more power?

im at 5000 + feet and my clutch would not last long if i did that?

Neutral is very tough to find on these. I pretty much have given up trying to while its running. on taking off in second...always at races, seldom anywhere else. Even on my old yz100 I'll start in second at a vintage race and slip the he!! out of the clutch. Saving that 1 shift makes a BIG difference toward getting a holeshot. I've seen A LOT of people get out of the gate in front of me, but at about 10 yards when they shift, I'm by 'em :w:

CptHook

#15 Post by CptHook »

yeah finding nuetral from second is much easier, but if Im stopped and still running I just cheat and use my hand, call me a woman but its a **** of a lot quicker then trying to do it with my foot for 5 minutes, you can feel it click much easier than through your boot.

wanablaze

#16 Post by wanablaze »

3rd gear starts with 14-40 gearing and 18 inch tires.

banzairx7

#17 Post by banzairx7 »

Originally posted by CptHook
yeah finding nuetral from second is much easier, but if Im stopped and still running I just cheat and use my hand, call me a woman but its a **** of a lot quicker then trying to do it with my foot for 5 minutes, you can feel it click much easier than through your boot.

If you haven't tried the redline yet do it. The difference is absolutely amazing. I feel like this is one of those things that no one really believes me when I say it makes a night and day difference finding neutral. It really does work.

CptHook

#18 Post by CptHook »

they dont have the redline tranny oil in my area, I do use redline 10-40 in the motor though

banzairx7

#19 Post by banzairx7 »

www.summitracing.com

I just ordered a few quarts from them the other day.

CptHook

#20 Post by CptHook »