CLARIFICATION/UPDATE "Crankcase Stud Bulletin"

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Rookiex

#11 Post by Rookiex »

Hang in there you'll be just fine... We'll get this bolt thing tackled an then ride
                        into the sunset. First in line too I might add!

[B]drbowtie

[/B]

Good people well get this done thats for sure.smile.gif

Rookiex

#12 Post by Rookiex »

.last night I was freaking out about the bolts and stuff on my new dale all day my dad had gotten hold of the only man he knew that could fix a job like this with custom parts.Scott from PRO FAB ATV he builds CRF and YZF and dales too.has an idea for the engines. He wants to TRY and take the allen heads out get a hex bolt made with a lock tab then place them back in there with locktite and tab.he says the allen heads do not have enough suface area on them, to stop from backing out and turning once you have more surface area it will make it alot harder for this too backing out to happen. He says that the lock tab will hold it and has to hold unless its the aluminum flexing and at that case is vary extream.He says the temp that it hits it could flex but not that much..He was at my house with my dads dale dropped the motor last night and took it apart I was not awake for any of this..had school...Now he has looked at it has takin the bolts with my dad to a machine shop to have hex bolts made.

He said there is no doubt this will work. he also says when it does. He will sale the kits online to help us out.

Not only that rolleyes.gif I told you guys a secret noone might know. That will work.

The dale motor is a PRO FAB for reseach at no cost because scott and PROFAB is not only my sponsor but also a good friend of my dads.

I will get back to you all as soon as I know what the deal is with this new research.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Rookiex that is the best solution I have heard should work better than wiring the tranny bolts.A clip is what most OEM factories do.

Rookiex

#14 Post by Rookiex »

Dont thank me thank my Pappy biggrin.gif