Eng removal

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Knight440

#11 Post by Knight440 »

bump;)

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

I take the helmets off first and then just pull injectors.Getting them out can be hard I wiggle them as I am pulling.To get them back in and helmets on use some o-ring lube(plumbers grease)
If you dont touch the clutch you should be alright although a couple times I did have to open bleeder on slave cyl inorder to get faceplate on all way I never force it and make sure clutch face plate is on all way.(have heard of people busting slave cause it was out.

Knight440

#13 Post by Knight440 »

cannondale27 Thanks for the help:)

dawzie

#14 Post by dawzie »

I also took everything out of the way. I'm into days lol. On the injectors, I put a small pair of vicegrips on them and then used a screwdriver to pry off of them to get the injectors out. Mine where really tough to get out. It needs new o-rings now.

Is now a good time to get the injectors tested ??

By whom ??

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats a very good question dawzie.They are a standard injector if a guy had all the specs I would think any big auto shop could clean and flow test them.

DangerRanger

#16 Post by DangerRanger »

Take the clutch slave off, when you reinstall, be sure to put it on and secure it first, then put the clutch shaft and ball and etc. in from the other side. No bleeding involved.

time from clothed to naked to on bench completely broken down, just under 4hours.

Jim- I know how you feel about that expert thing, but it will all be worth it.

Ben