Crankshaft Failures

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

#101 Post by cannondale27 »

I dont want speak for Winky but from his statement he is trying to correct multiple problems at one time.Oiling only being one of them.He claims to have found cracks in the crankpins of some.This would explain why some go and others dont.He is also widening the sideclearance from where he had it before and plugging the mainbearing oil hole.And using a seperate pin.Too many changes to succeed?We will all find out as the Dale world turns.

bknight

#102 Post by bknight »

dunnbandit1
i think you will be fine on yours
wink im sorry that i ask for a update rolleyes.gif
i say give this time it looks good to me.
y do sume cranks last and some dont its like jaybr and can 27 has said and wink.
crankplate Oiling 02 or 03 motor case what is it 3 dif cranks that cannondale put in what 2 makes of crankplates where put in??
i dont think its just one thing

Jaybr

#103 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by bknight
crankplate Oiling  02 or 03  motor case what is it 3 dif cranks that cannondale put in  what 2 makes of crankplates where put in??

lol, I think there where actually around 6 or 7 revisions of crank cartridge plates.

bknight

#104 Post by bknight »

Originally posted by Jaybr
lol, I think there where actually around 6 or 7 revisions of crank cartridge plates.

:eek: now if you can find out what one was in the ones that the
cranks went out of ?? what was the best made runinng cannondale 01 was it. and could that year of cartridge plate go into the 02 03??

ok ill stay out of it smile.gif

WolfmanGK

#105 Post by WolfmanGK »

BTT what's going on with the engine, Big/Little Winky?

Canniboomer

#106 Post by Canniboomer »

...I heard a change in the testing method at Diamond, and will take another week for the initial results....apparently, switching to
a hands-on hard riding test, after some difficulty with the electric motor setup.....pony express, anyone? I'll volunteer to do route 66 from Winslow to Kingman!

WolfmanGK

#107 Post by WolfmanGK »

What about having the cranksaft ends milled down to accept a whole bearing who's outer diameter is the same as the stock bearing? That might solve one problem.

cannondale27

#108 Post by cannondale27 »

I did some measuring on my failed crank.The sideclearance grew from .007 when new to .015 now.One of the thrust washers appears to be stuck.(wont spin)Hopefully tonight I can seperate the crank to see more.
If the thrust washers are failing first this tells me that the crank is flexing and squeezing together.

WolfmanGK

#109 Post by WolfmanGK »

Is there an ETA for the Fallicon crank?

bigdawg

#110 Post by bigdawg »

Hey guys any news yet...?