Ive got the quietest Dale ever.

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Canniboomer

#111 Post by Canniboomer »

Oh yeah, confirmed,... this stuff is certainly the original T-44 material, or whatever they called it back then. But by the time Wistech had first posted about this in 2005 (kudos to Wistech), Wacker had already changed to the newer part number.....so I think many of us had a difficult time even finding it. I had first contacted a local Ford dealer back then -- and choked at the $56 quote for a small tube.... I also checked with International, and found similar high pricing for this unusual "oil pan liner" goop. I recall that Ford had two different gray Silicones in stock at the time, with the cheaper tube around $20-ish, and probably just normal gray Permatex (like $6 from Napa) at the Ford dealer price.
I think one guy on these forums had tried some tube from Ford and it just peeled off,... so he might have actually got the normal stuff by mistake.

But if anybody has paid high $$ for a mere 5 ounces of the genuine stuff?...well, it's still worth it. But for translating and researching private-label part numbers?,...to know what you are getting?...that has been tricky.

Reeve

#112 Post by Reeve »

As soon as I started reading this thread I thought about The Right Stuff gasket maker you can buy at any parts store. I use this stuff on everything and it has never come off easy. It dries like a slightly foamy rubber and sticks like mad. I think I will give it a try on my clutch cover if I ever want to quiet my motor down some. Right now I love the way people look at it because of all the noises it makes.

http://www.permatex.com/brand_right_stuff.htm