Crankshaft Failures

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
WolfmanGK

#131 Post by WolfmanGK »

Originally posted by sillysspeed
Once the Falicon cranks are tested and proven, they are going to sell like Big Mac's!!

I will hopefully be in that test run. I will be happy to give a report. I am also in the middle of making a helmet cam, out of a high 8 video recorder. Well, 4 of them. So maybe you can have video too, eh?

CannondaleRider

#132 Post by CannondaleRider »

Any more information on the Falicons?

bigdawg

#133 Post by bigdawg »

gone very quiet........

Have we broken any yet...???

cannondale27

#134 Post by cannondale27 »

Only reason few are crapping out is we all are either waiting get our promised cranks to put our motors together or are back to stock or ATK.Nobody has delivered on a new crank yet.So we are back to where we were a year ago.By the time these things come it will be winter and racing will be over!

bphillman

#135 Post by bphillman »

I am about 6 weeks out due the mfg delays on the rods...
sad.gif

JeffQuadShop

#136 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Good grief...how did I miss this thead? Took me a while to read through it all. I can't believe there are all these failed cranks out there.
I've race 3 cannondales over the last 2 and a half years: 02 Blaze (still own it and runs like a champ, motor never been apart), 03 Blaze (motor never apart, sold but still runs strong), 03 Cannibal with a motor Maz built (practice bike, no problems yet) and my 04 ATK with no problems.
Its really odd how it hits some people and not others. I bet the 02 Blaze has 400 hours on it and I have never even adjusted the valves.

cannondale27

#137 Post by cannondale27 »

You obviously never owned a Winky crank.Or are you implying that all of us that have had cranks fail both stock and aftermarket are at fault somehow?If so please enlighten me.

JeffQuadShop

#138 Post by JeffQuadShop »

No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm just sharing my experiences. I do however feel that some of the custom maps that rev way high like the Moto are partly to blame.

DangerRanger

#139 Post by DangerRanger »

I know 4 winky cranks with over 100hrs now, and another with about 50 running like a raped ape...so don't point. I think I remember someones dale crapping out at the 6hr...but no mention that falicon's are junk.

Winky is the ONLY person trying to fix the few issues, everyone else has packed up, or decided to band-aid the problem. Again this won't effect everyone, but it can help.

I am with Jeff, their are a few out their, I can count on hands and toes the amount I have seen failed, but I can't even get close to good ones that have loads of hours without problems, I personally know of and have helped with about 250+..they are a small percentage.

Jaybr

#140 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by DangerRanger
 I think I remember someones dale crapping out at the 6hr...but no mention that falicon's are junk.

Why am I getting dragged into this? My motor failed with a blown headgasket apparently caused by low oil from a leaky return line and topend starvation.

My crank held fine, still turns over nice and smooth. It is an 02 billet crank cleaned and tolerances reset by Winky, not a Falicon.