Crankshaft Failures

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
DangerRanger

#141 Post by DangerRanger »

Not after you Jay, just mentioning how some motor failures are chocked up to "Well it just failed" while most other point fingers at someone. And yes for all the rest of ya, I will stick up for Wink, I bought and trusted his stuff long before I was sponsored, and I still have to pay for my stuff too!!!

I just give him credit, because he is working to fix the problem he wants to make adaptions to the stock setup to make it right, rather than making everyone sink $$$ into all kinds of add ons, "updated" redisgned parts etc. Best return for the least amount of time and $$.

For what some of the morons let a cdale go for nowdays, your better off just buying 3 or 4, ride em till the crap, and junk em. We are our own worst enemys.......

I think ATK has a short term thing going, but you can count in 24months or less, the cdale,atk, dinli whatever will be a very good memory:usa it has been good while it lasted. I gotta keep one for a trophy on the mantle, I may turn the one into a coffee table downstairs.

JeffQuadShop

#142 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by DangerRanger
For what some of the morons let a cdale go for nowdays, your better off just buying 3 or 4, ride em till the crap, and junk em.  We are our own worst enemys.......

I think ATK has a short term thing going, but you can count in 24months or less, the cdale,atk, dinli whatever will be a very good memory:usa   it has been good while it lasted.  I gotta keep one for a trophy on the mantle, I may turn the one into a coffee table downstairs.
Your way wrong about that Ben!

DangerRanger

#143 Post by DangerRanger »

I had hoped I was....:confused:
$$$ is the problem....and not enough of it.

Confidentiality agreements with everybody and their brother...will keep things hidden until the end.:deal:

DangerRanger

#144 Post by DangerRanger »

I had hoped I was....:confused:
$$$ is the problem....and not enough of it.

Confidentiality agreements with everybody and their brother...will keep things hidden until the end.:deal:

Derno24

#145 Post by Derno24 »

Ben I don't know you from a hole in the ground, but why are you comin off like an azz.

I had a winky crank and it was crap. Gone completely in less than 10 hrs. Stock crank had over 100 hrs on it. I am not blaming any part, but the one that went. Don't believe me I don't care. I state facts I never point fingers. $600 for a rebuilding a crank. I have come to find out is Highway robbery so blow smoke in someone else's direction!

I for one am tired of being used by any builder Winky, Wade, or anyone else to test their product.

Derno24

#146 Post by Derno24 »

Oh and take your secrets and stuff'em I am tired of hearing this from you. You have been saying stuff like this since Cannondale was in business.

You may be a good person, but I haven't had the chance to see it yet!

bphillman

#147 Post by bphillman »

you know, this is what scares my about trying to find a solution. thats why I am going to put out a few motors with MY version of the crank to select people to see if they hold up.

Derno, I had the same issue. 7hrs on my winky crank and it locked. Dissembled and found no plug on the end of the pin!!!

I have decided to try it myself, and have found some interesting things.

But I know this, the cost of the custom low-volume of parts is not cheap. The rod alone is $200 in lots of 20. 20 sounds like a lot of single cyl cranks, but when related to 20 350 Chevy V8's, it isnt much at all.

So heres a breakdown for you.
Dynamic balancing $200
Machine work $100
Rod and bearing $220
Profit (for trouble and running) = $80 per unit..

By the way, true dynamic balancing requires the crank to be assembled and disassembled 3 times to be done correctly. Thats why the machine work is a bit much.

That isn't much for a low volume product. My units will be welded and have a lighter and higher quality rod than the Carillo, which is rather old tech.

I wanna see these things survive, and I am putting my money where my mouth is, but unless you have the ability to do ALL of this in house, its gonna cost you.

DangerRanger

#148 Post by DangerRanger »

Derno...did you talk with Winky? I think he has taken care of any he had issues with all his cranks...minus a couple people for reasons he can exaplain, but I understand.

Secondly, my comment was that I hear plenty from reputable people in the second wave, and their word is that ATK is working to update and sell what they got, Dinli is going nowhere right now due to funds and other unmentioned problems. ATK also has legal issues to get worked out before the can market a new unit, along with finding funds...which at this point will come partiallly from their ATK450's which may or may not sell out. And based on some conversations, they will be the last of anything we know of cdales/ATK. Jeff and everyone else may call me wrong, and unless Frank stick his nose on here along with Justin and says...without hesitation "We are building a new unit, it will come out, everyone who doubts it will be wrong" then I have no conclusion but to say what has been said is as close to the truth as possible.
continued.......

JeffQuadShop

#149 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Do you think any of the big 4 manufactures would get on here and post info on their future plans?

The info you have is from about 4 months ago! wink.gif

DangerRanger

#150 Post by DangerRanger »

The point being, I have told what I know above, and a couple people know more, but they are keeping shut to myself and everyone who could and would help out. I feel will die out before they get around to getting things done. We are't honda/yammi group, they will continue to wait for anything new. While the cdale community demands action and information, even pre-information. I am just like you, I always want to know more, and at this point don't care if someone tells me not to tell anyone right now, when it is now...there will be no one too tell.

I guess I am just dissapointed in a few things....

And Derno, I apologize for coming across as an ***. I enjoy eating sleeping breathing the cdale dream. I also enjoy getting everyone riled up every once in while, just for fun, and love to stick to my guns. We, the cdale community are one of the best groups around. We are all looked at just like the cdale is...you either like us or hate us...but you know us!!! (espcially when you get passed by one!!! clank clank clank)