no oil flow

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
quadman22

#21 Post by quadman22 »

i pulled the inlet line off and oil came pouring out for whatever that means. so next step is to... fill with oil again and take the filter out and see if oil comes out of th efilter area when i turn it over? i just wanna be sure about this stuff cause everyone is saying to do different things. all i want to do is to be able to make it to rocky hill this sunday
:mad: dont look like thats gonna happen:cry:

quadman22

#22 Post by quadman22 »

also for whatever it means when it was full of oil and i had it running for a little i tried taking the engine drain bolt off and no oil came out. i had to tip the bike on its side to get oil to come out. what could this mean? i would have figured that oil would come flowing out of there naturally

jfarrar

#23 Post by jfarrar »

sounds like the main oil pump (one behind filter housing) pin is sheared or missing or the end of counterbalancer is broke like exodus said.did you check the inlet filter in the back of the motor to be sure it isnt clogged.if it is clear i would say do not run the engine anymore and pull it and fix it

cdalerider75

#24 Post by cdalerider75 »

Dan if you can get the bike to me tomorrow, I will drop the motor, look at the inside and reinstall... you can take the bike back tomorrow night!!!

but I have no doubt that you can do this yourself and fix the problem.

also what Exodus told you to do is what I walked you thru the other day over the phone.... my guess is that you sheared the main oil pump pin when you removed the crank plate. As I remember you stated that you didn't take apart that assy when you took that motor apart.. which would put enough stress on that pin to break the pin....

if that is the case.. I would order a pin now and have it over nighted..

jfarrar

#25 Post by jfarrar »

did you pull the cart plate and crank and balancer at the same time?or did you leave the flywheel on the crank and just removed the plate?if you did it that way the pin or balance shaft definetly are damaged

quadman22

#26 Post by quadman22 »

when i took the plate out i took the crank out at the same time. so i believe the fly wheel was already off

quadman22

#27 Post by quadman22 »

chris do u honestly believe we could get it running tomorrow? im outta work at 6... i could be there before 7. the only thing im havin trouble with is figuring out what all this means. you guru's know the flow of oil, all the pins and pumps. i know a bit now but am still a little lost on all these terms.

Exodus

#28 Post by Exodus »

I cant take credit for that, Wistech is the one I quoted. I just wanted to reinterate because quadman sounded a little frantic.

Quadman, this isnt anything that insnt fixable so slow down, look at it all logically. When you get it apart with someone who knows what to look for and ins and outs of the motor, it will get pretty clear. One thing to remember, is this motor is very logical in how it was designed. No worries.

cannondale27

#29 Post by cannondale27 »

Yup all of us have had a first time doing the motors.Let him help you out so you can study the motor and then go Race it.

cdalerider75

#30 Post by cdalerider75 »

Originally posted by quadman22
chris do u honestly believe we could get it running tomorrow? im outta work at 6... i could be there before 7. the only thing im havin trouble with is figuring out what all this means. you guru's know the flow of oil, all the pins and pumps. i know a bit now but am still a little lost on all these terms.

Well if You were here for 6 I would say yes.... OK so you get here for 7... that means we keep going later.

Now if that pin is broken... your going to need to order it!!! I would order it TODAY have it over nighted!!

The following is for the assy not just for the pin, you can find it in the part number catalog page 26!! Note I am not sure if you can purchase just the pin.

Part number - 5001207
GEROTOR ASSY, 6022 X .226

Just take everyones advice... I know that you will be up and running for early Sat the latest!! If we don't find anything else wrong, but I doubt it... Also by you comming here.. I can walk you thru how your oil flow works...

That is all I can suggest, I know that you want to go this sunday... I want you to be able to ride sunday...

Also I want everyone to understand... that by me suggesting for Dan to bring his motor to me I am not doing it to take business away from Doug!!! I am just trying to help someone out...