More Corrosion

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

#21 Post by cannondale27 »

Bleed screw is upper right it is the on with copper washer on.I used .032 thick aluminum I also made a washer out of the same material and added it to the washer on impellar shaft so clearance stayed same.I trimmed the tabs off of the xring that stuck out.
I used black silicone light coating all over back of plate and a fine bead arond seal and passage.
According to the maps the cooling fan comes on at 176 deg.F turns off at 159 deg.F.
There is also a safety feature.At 202 deg.F safety measures are in effect.At 231 deg.F I think the motor will shut off.I have never seen either of the safety features work but they are there.

LapTraffic

#22 Post by LapTraffic »

Originally posted by cannondale27
There is also a safety feature.At 202 deg.F safety measures are in effect.

If this is already being sensed can we pull an output from the ecu and use it to relay an idot light mounted to the key plate?

What safety measures come into effect at 202? I feel a little more comfortable knowing that the engine wont cook itself if I have a cooling system failure.

Thanks for the info. You should charge a nickle for every answer you give us. You could retire in a year or so smile.gif

cannondale27

#23 Post by cannondale27 »

I guess you get a nickle back.I cant remember what exactly the safety measure is at 202.One way to see is hook it up to d&m remove the coolant sensor plug the hole put the sensor in a cup of water and heat up water to 202 with quad running.My guess is it would maybe limit rpms change timing maybe richer.
As far as the idiot light.I dont think so even on most cars the light or guage uses a dif sensor which runs on 12v the ecm uses lower voltages for most sensors.My first motor had a sensor in the radiator also.(bottom right) a sensor will screw right in there.

jamiesel

#24 Post by jamiesel »

Anyone know if chroming or nickle plating the magnesium one would work?