300 hr motor

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
speed 450mx

#21 Post by speed 450mx »

I know. why would I just lie about the hours Thanks

haydug

#22 Post by haydug »

Man, I think Armok's was right when he stated that if something is posted that c27 does not agree with, he will attack them. Maybe I can talk ****** into re-joining and offer them their own forum to bicker back & forth.

SO, does riding the revlimiter make you any of the above?

jesshamner

#23 Post by jesshamner »

You know... I'm going to have to throw in my 2 cents too. I have been told the same thing as speed450mx. If I had that many hours, there is no way that I didn't have any wear. And if I did, I rode like a pu$$y. Bull$hit. I have seen you guys ride and you aren't riding that much harder if any than other people on this forum. What makes you think that you ride harder? I'm not saying that you don't ride hard. I'm just saying that you have no idea how hard this guy rides compared to your style. It completely sounded like a bash.

Happyboy

#24 Post by Happyboy »

Guys, I don't think steve said anything about him riding like a weiner. He said that if it really did have 300 hours on it then most would have to have been soft. My only doubts are on the number of hours. Are you lieing? I didn't say that. Are you mistaken, that is where i was going with it. If you don't have an hour meter then the true "hours" are unknown. If you go out to the dunes as LS how many hours do you really think you put on? I was completely shocked what all daying riding was when i put an hour meter on my quad. The hours just really don't get put on.

And no matter what anyone says, you can't prove anything either way. So, why was this posted again? To show people a motor can last 300 hours with no updates? Why show that? Or was it just to brag that you are very lucky? All it looks like is you through it out there for people to speculate on. And that is what people did.

jesshamner

#25 Post by jesshamner »

Whether it was 250 hours or 300...its still pretty cool that a stock motor lasted that long. Its impressive. I'm will to bet that he was proud of it and thought some other might be as well. I'm going to go ahead and say it. I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing!

And to say, "if it really did have 300 hours on it then most would have to have been soft," is just putting a sugar coating on it.

I completely agree with you Happyboy in the fact that the hours don't add up like one might think. Some people think that if they go riding for 3 hours that their motor has 3 hours on it. When really they might only have 2.5 hours after taking a couple breaks.

cannondale27

#26 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (haydug @ Feb 13 2007, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man, I think Armok's was right when he stated that if something is posted that c27 does not agree with, he will attack them. Maybe I can talk ****** into re-joining and offer them their own forum to bicker back & forth.
SO, does riding the revlimiter make you any of the above?

This was one of those posts that is going to cause the claws to come out and you darn well know that Haydug.
Where did I say riding the revlimiter?I believe I said above 6000rpm.Maybe if you and ****** would learn to read a bit better.****** is just as quick to attack.

Speed450mx I do apologize I did say some nasty things there.It wasnt you that riled me up it was Haydug posting that made me unglue.Sorry wont happen again.

peterock

#27 Post by peterock »

It is great that the motor lasted that long. However, if you are serious about your riding/racing, you shouldn't let it go for that long. With all the money we spend on getting to a race, entry fees, and everything else, it sure does suck to show up and have your motor let go. Not bashing you, and glad you posted as it shows the motors are reliable.

DMAC10

#28 Post by DMAC10 »

Well this is the type of post that make you want to quit riding a Cannondale. mad.gif

I've noticed that you have to be careful what you post on here. Its amazing how some people on here get bent out of shape. sad.gif

We are a dieing breed with our Dales and we can't even get a long.
I read another post on here this evening that was nothing but someone trying to start another rampage. Its not called for.

Most of us on here are proud to own a Cannondale, but there are some people on here that make it hard to keep that pride going.

I don't know how hard the guy rides or how he come up with the hours, but I think we should at least appreceate him taking the time to show some pics, I don't think he had an evil plot in mind just seemed to be proud of his dale.

As far as how to estimate hours with out a meter. If you race its not to hard, for example with my motor it wasn't that difficult to do . All I had to do was multiply the number of cross country races by and average of 2.25 hours. Count the number of MX heats that I rode, multiply that times 15 minutes and add the 2 together. This number is definantly the amount of hours that my motor was being pushed plus any practice time or in general trail riding.

O.K. I'm old and out of breath from all the typing, thats my two cents ( maybe a nickels worth ) but come on guys lets check the attitudes at the door and keep things reasonable.

speed 450mx

#29 Post by speed 450mx »

This is BS look there was 18 races over 2 seasons on average lap times were 2 min + just add that up heat + main =, plus LS time. And no I am not saying that you should keep the motor going that long but if you have no problems then why mess with a good thing. I just though some people might like to see what an orginal "lucky" motor looked like.. If you dont like what I do with my own money then you can send me the money every year to re built all five of my dales. If not then mind your own buiness and just look at the pics and leave me a lone.

Will 27 aleast you owned up to bashing me.

cannondale27

#30 Post by cannondale27 »

I did say I was sorry for bashing you.

no I am not saying that you should keep the motor going that long but if you have no problems then why mess with a good thing

Now here is why I get out of shape over this.

#1) one guy is rebuilding cranks that could have been saved.I would rather see him making some cool stuff for power than spending huge amounts of time fixing worn out cranks that could have been fixed in about 20 minutes with a bearing.

#2)People do see these 300hr motors and think hey he did it why not me.Thats a problem.

#3)Personal thing.Fought over this issue many times and heard those same words you posted.When real facts come out I have always been right in assuming worst for crank at least.Hours when really investigated are proven wrong also.A good way of estimating is tanks of gas on a stocker its 2.5-3hrs a tank of gas.18 races is at most 36hrs in two years if MX and your running A at a track that never cuts laps.So that leaves 105 tanks of gas run through to get 300hrs.367gallons or 73.5 5gallon gas cans full.If that still isnt convincing ask Timbo what normal maintainence parts just wore out in only a 100hrs.You would be suprised how many sets of tires chains and brakepads you go through in just a 100hrs.

Now thanks for the pics and I wish you luck in running again like that.Your a honest person and dont deserve to be dissed.But so am I.