Quad Stalled

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
peterock

#21 Post by peterock »

First, when ATK offered to make me a dealer it's not something they do for anyone. They do have a prerequisite to meet before you can become a dealer. They waived that for me in return for the time I was willing to put in promoting their product and racing it and letting other riders race my quad. So now ATK is the bad apple again because they rewarded someone by giving them the opportunity to order parts at a discounted price and also be able to possibly make some extra money as well to help cover some of the expenses of racing???

You know what I just realized? I sold a fuel pump the other week so now I can afford to buy that puller...........alright. shop is complete now..............or are there some other tools an "ATK Dealer" should have per anyone else's perquisites? Even though the guy that needed the fuel pump didn't give two ***** if I had a flywheel puller or not. Please pm me the list and hopefully I can go out and get everything before someone needs another fuel pump or starter relay....etc.

haydug

#22 Post by haydug »

Pete, maybe you should go back and re-read my FIRST sentence. I'm sure you are a good guy. However, I do remember you jumping on this board claiming to be the next best ATK dealer. Now I still see you ranting all over about helping atk and such, but what would you actually look like if you were at a track, and say Ms. USAmoto just pulled a 1st place in here class, then her flywhel spun coming off of the track. Now, there you sit, with all of your ATK B.S. posted and can't even fix a simple flywheel? WTF?? That is how ATK does it: 1/2 *ss and now you would look like a clown right along with them.
By the way, this post was directed at you, since you can't read and obviously went after me.

Way to go ATK! I heard there is a pawn shop locally selling pocketbikes, I bet they would like to fly some ATK banners.

haydug

#23 Post by haydug »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Jun 11 2007, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you still have a Dale? Would you let him?

Yes. No. tongue.gif

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (haydug @ Jun 11 2007, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pete: This is not a stab at you personally so please don't take it at that. However, that is a huge problem with ATK.
Do you think Honda will setup someone as a dealer who doesn't even have a flywheel puller? That would honestly be like me taking my Honda 400ex down and them not haveing a sparkplug wrench. Now, if I am a newbie ATK owner and take my bike to the local dealer, and they look at it like they are lost, and can't check the obvious 3 most common problems with my bike, I'm going to get discouraged and call it a peice of shi*. So, to come onto a website and claim to be the newest and latest ATK dealer, I would assume I can drive to your shop and get my bike fixed. However ATK seems to just "set up dealers" out of the blue to anyone who will promise to buy a bike or whatever. Now who will fix the bikes out there if the dealers can't? Maybe ATK should make it mandatory for any dealer to buy a basic tool package, and attend a basic school on these machines.

QUOTE (2000ex @ Jun 11 2007, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Several grand? It is a $10-15 tool that is a must for anyone who owns one of these bikes. I think Doug's post was right on target....nothing against you whatsoever. Go and try and get to sell Yamaha, Honda, Harley, Suzuki, kawi, KTM and I could keep going and they would want several things to be covered on your behalf to maintain the integrity of their name and the products they deliver.

See you guys all need to realize that ATK isnt a Honda,Harley etc. they are a very small company.Maybe Frank White likes it that way also.Make just enough to keep it going and keep family and employees employed.What is wrong with that?Once you accept that and I have.It becomes much easier to understand why things are done the way they are there.As for Pete I think if he spun a flywheel at a race and one couldnt be had he would probably put it in trailer and go watch the races and still have a enjoyable day.You guys who were constantly worried about me advising all the new owners to do all the updates right away are now doing the same kind of fretting I was.Dont worry so much most racers that break dont expect to have a dealer there grab thier tools and fix thier quad on the spot.As a matter of fact most dealers I know go to the races in nice clothes and leave there tools behind and enjoy the races especially if they are running them.

2000ex

#25 Post by 2000ex »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jun 12 2007, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
See you guys all need to realize that ATK isnt a Honda,Harley etc. they are a very small company.Maybe Frank White likes it that way also.Make just enough to keep it going and keep family and employees employed.What is wrong with that?Once you accept that and I have.It becomes much easier to understand why things are done the way they are there.As for Pete I think if he spun a flywheel at a race and one couldnt be had he would probably put it in trailer and go watch the races and still have a enjoyable day.You guys who were constantly worried about me advising all the new owners to do all the updates right away are now doing the same kind of fretting I was.Dont worry so much most racers that break dont expect to have a dealer there grab thier tools and fix thier quad on the spot.As a matter of fact most dealers I know go to the races in nice clothes and leave there tools behind and enjoy the races especially if they are running them.

I think that most of the people here on the site have come to grips with that fact, doesn't mean we need to agree with it.

I know that if I were brand new to these machines and purchased an ATK from a local dealer paying retail price, I would assume that I would be able to bring my bike to the dealer for repairs or warranty issues. Obviously it does not seem like the case. Dont forget not everyone knows how to work on these things, especially someone who is a newbie.

I am a business owner myself and shudder at the fact that ATK allows people to sell their products without having some type of basic training, tools, etc to be able to handle issues that arise. Ask Timbo if he would entrust someone else without training to do crank work under his name and see his response.

peterock

#26 Post by peterock »

as far as me and my ATK B.S..............I stand behind those that support me. I'm not one of those that as soon as something else comes along I'm jumping ship and then ripping those that helped me get where I am. So when you constantly rip on someone I support and supports me, I will take it personally.

And Haydug, I can gaurantee if I was at a national race with the intent of being the mechanic for a national race team, I would have every tool plus a parts quad, plus a parts bin, plus a spare motor. Just because I don't have a puller in my garage at home is no reflection on how things would be handled in a national race team scenario.

As for anyone that comes to a race here in wisconsin, you are more then welcome to come join my pit area. There may be a 10X20 canopy up, there may not be all depends on the location and time avialable to set it up. I can't gaurantee your quad will get fixed at the drop of a dime if something breaks, but either way we'll still be having a good time as that is all that matters. And once I'm done using my quad for a test quad with the crower set-up, anyone that is serious about possibly getting one of these quads is more then welcome to enter a class and race my quad in it.

And you know what, no matter how well you plan you can't always cover everything.

Happyboy

#27 Post by Happyboy »

Pete, the difference and problem they are getting at is other companies won't setup PARTS ONLY DEALERS. And that is exactly what ATK has done with you and others. ATK doesn't care if you know how to support their product, only sell it. And from the sounds of it neither do you. Instead of defending the practice just take a side. Say you are a parts only dealer and move on or say you are going to learn what you can and support people when possible.

cannondale27

#28 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats a load of Bull Happyboy.How do you know new ATK owners arent being supported?I havent heard any owners say they have been left high and dry when a problem occurred.We all know that if Pete sold a ATK the guy would get help if not from ATK from here and from all the guys around my area.Say you have a YFZ,LTR or 450R that you are racing.Races are usually the next weekend.Do you bring it to your dealer to get fixed?Most guys I know dont.They do it themselves or bring it to a specialty shop then try to get some $ out of warrantee.It is no different with a ATK or a Cannondale for that matter.If you want it fixed it gets fixed not a issue at all.I also know for a fact alot of good customer oriented dealers subcontract some work.It makes sense to give work to someone who really is a experienced in doing something especially if time is a factor.Your phrase "Other Companies" is also not true.How many GasGas fully equipped shops are there with trained mechanics?How about Husaberg,Cobra,Huskies and countless other makes I see sold at all kinds of places.Guarantee they dont have all the tools or the knowledge to whiz right through a full teardown.They deal with it as it comes.Like I said quit thinking of ATK in terms of Honda,Yamaha or whatever.Who knows many think those big Dealerships and companies are too fat.I do.Always thought of my Cannondale as a Ferrari or Porsche.When those break it sure isnt like going to chevy dealer down the road and getting it fixed.Those kind of headaches are part of what make them special.Like said before you dont buy a Cannondale you earn one.Same with ATK but to a much lesser extent.

Happyboy

#29 Post by Happyboy »

Load of bull? Um...I am pretty sure what I said is in line with what you said.

"don't think of ATK in terms of honda, yamaha, or whatever."
please explain what you mean then. I took it as ATK is parts only and not able to support riders like the others. Maybe I was wrong in my interpretation.

I know thats where others are coming from. A REAL dealership has to have the mechanical abilities along with the parts. The parts is the small part of the business. Now, how does ATK see the market? PARTS, parts, and parts. They have made it very obvious they could care less about helping those that need the help whether it be in training the ATK dealers or doing the simple motor mods this community has proven. I saw it down here with Ben Baker's quad. He took it to an ATK dealer who said sure, come on in! Had ATK sent them to any kind of training or set them up with needed tools? Heck no.

Whether Pete is a nice guy or not is not in question. Will he screw people over is not in question. So stop actiing like it is. He got smacked because he is an ATK dealer who didn't have the most needed of tools. Its not just Pete's fault, its ATKs fault for setting him up as a dealer in the first place. They should at the least be setting up dealers with a tools list and a requirement to have them. IMO at least. smile.gif

So once again Steve you just need to breathe a litlte and chill. Why exactly do you get so worked up you can't break up your paragraphs to make it easier to read? wink.gif

and ps...ATK support does not come in the form of cannondale support. That don't count. tongue.gif

peterock

#30 Post by peterock »

I wouldn't say a flywheel puller is the most needed of tools. That **** 6mm socket has been a lot more useful.

All these posts go to show it doesn't matter what ATK does, some of you will rip on them regardless.

Who lost out due to me not having a fly wheel puller? No one, not even me. My fiance appreciated the fact that I spent saturday with her and sunday I was able to walk around the track, shake hands, and BS with everyone and try out my new helmet cam I bought.

Ask Roger if me not having the "proper" training from ATK hindered him in getting his crank rebuilt this spring? I didn't do it, but I put it the hands of someone that could and had it turned around in 24hrs and for less then anyone else could have got it done for. Oh yeah, did I mention he is a certified mechanic for the local dealership which used to be a cannondale dealer? (But maybe I shouldn't have given it to him since he probably didn't have the fly wheel puller anymore).

I could go on forever with this conversation, but I have better things to do with my time. My business is my website. come check it out sometime. www.glqra.com . If you need a part, I'm sure I can get it for you. If you need work done on your motor? Depending on your location, I'm sure ATK, Steve, John, or Timbo would be happy to have me refer you to them.

(then again, maybe I shouldn't own a website either as I don't have a degree in business, no certified website training, boy the list could go on. Anyone want to buy a website? I don't have the proper training and tools for it.)

Anyway, jump on as many people as you want Haydug. And chase them away from ATK as fast as you can. You can try to piss in my wheaties or bag on ATK all you want, but in the end I'll still be here and I'll still have the ATK banner in my signature.