DOA engine

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Deityracer

#21 Post by Deityracer »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Nov 15 2009, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those big chunks WERE your missing transmission filter,...... which should instead last for the life of any machine,...if guys use the right drain plug. And, if they use the drainplug AFTER installing and verifying the separate placement of that filter.

...but for so many guys that don't do research and visit these forums?,.....they miss out on some valuable and simple warnings that will sting almost anybody -- even career mechanics will lose that filter into the strong gnashing teeth of the Cannondale transmission!...that is all too common, and we suppliers sell far too many transmission filters because of the "gotcha" feature of the stock drainplug and the confusing pictures in the Cannondale owners manuals.

I think these pictures might look familiar to you -- the remnants of a wandering tranny filter:

Nope there was nothing like that in the trans.. think of silver dandruff. that's what was in there. it would crumble in your hand. the trans filter was just forgotten.

Here are the throat pics.

Oh yes, the buckets look chrome plated.

Happyboy

#22 Post by Happyboy »

That looks suprisingly good for the reangled injectors. Its kinda hard to tell if there is a hump on the injector side going down where that block is or if its smooth.

Canniboomer

#23 Post by Canniboomer »

Wow,...no filter at all!???...hmmn,..... but looking back, that would be better than placing one in there wrong and missing the tranny plate hole entirely.

Anyway, the warnings about filter placement need to be constantly repeated in our world.

Deityracer

#24 Post by Deityracer »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Nov 15 2009, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow,...no filter at all!???...hmmn,..... but looking back, that would be better than placing one in there wrong and missing the tranny plate hole entirely.

Anyway, the warnings about filter placement need to be constantly repeated in our world.

Hey Boomer, just left an email with a price request.

Let me know and I'll send the payment off.

Deityracer

#25 Post by Deityracer »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Nov 15 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That looks suprisingly good for the reangled injectors. Its kinda hard to tell if there is a hump on the injector side going down where that block is or if its smooth.

smooth as silk.. no hump at all, everything is uniform.. I take it the valves are most likely titanium as they aren't magnetic.

so it sounds llike I got lucky and have a good head, or is that subjective on who I ask?

Deityracer

#26 Post by Deityracer »

There was one more thing...

why would the slave cylinder housing be busted? it looks like the circlip just busted the housing by pushing out of it.

Happyboy

#27 Post by Happyboy »

Head does look good. Looks like it has a nice cleanup port job. If you wanted to go big with the port job you might run into problems because of the injector reangle. You will have trouble running stock injectors though as they spray at an angle. The guys that were doing the reangle assumed they were spraying straight...They assumed wrong.

Deityracer

#28 Post by Deityracer »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Nov 15 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Head does look good. Looks like it has a nice cleanup port job. If you wanted to go big with the port job you might run into problems because of the injector reangle. You will have trouble running stock injectors though as they spray as an angle. The guys that were doing the reangle assumed they were spraying straight...They assumed wrong.

one thing I did notice is that from the stock layout of the injectors, they have been turned 90 degrees. So, instead of the electrical plugs facing out to the sides, they are pointing toward the radiator.

Dachshund

#29 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (Deityracer @ Nov 15 2009, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There was one more thing...

why would the slave cylinder housing be busted? it looks like the circlip just busted the housing by pushing out of it.

Someone pulled the clutch lever while the slave cylinder was off the motor. I did that to my first one after forgetting the ball bearing that goes in before the clutch rod. I didn't have another at the time so I made it work. It is still in there after more than 2 years with no problems.

With the hose off, push the slave cylinder piston in and then plug off the supply hole with your finger(to create a vacuum) and assemble being sure to keep flush to the motor while putting in the bolts. Obviously not ideal but it does work.

A good thing to do to prevent kids, neighbors, strangers and hobbits form pulling the clutch while off the motor is to pull the lever in and zip tie to the handle bars BEFORE removing slave.

Deityracer

#30 Post by Deityracer »

QUOTE (Dachshund @ Nov 15 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Someone pulled the clutch lever while the slave cylinder was off the motor. I did that to my first one after forgetting the ball bearing that goes in before the clutch rod. I didn't have another at the time so I made it work. It is still in there after more than 2 years with no problems.

With the hose off, push the slave cylinder piston in and then plug off the supply hole with your finger(to create a vacuum) and assemble being sure to keep flush to the motor while putting in the bolts. Obviously not ideal but it does work.

A good thing to do to prevent kids, neighbors, strangers and hobbits form pulling the clutch while off the motor is to pull the lever in and zip tie to the handle bars BEFORE removing slave.

Sounds like it's still ridable until I can find a new one, thanks Dachshund.