Dual battery setup

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
RetroZ

#21 Post by RetroZ »

Originally posted by haydug
Well after a last place start in my first GNCC, I to went on the hunt for the 2nd battery. Look no farther than Jeff @ Quadshop. I bought a tray off of him, which uses the cannondale motorcycle battery, and wiring was very easy. Take the short wire from you seleniod to the starter off, and run it to the negative side of the new battery, then run off positive side of new battery to starter. That should do ya..

What happened to this thread? It just kind of died. Did anyone get pictures to post? I was wondering if I was to wire my 2nd battery like haydug suggests above, is there a way to switch off the second battery? I'm looking to set mine up so that I can switch the second battery off while not racing. Thinking of using some type of Marine switch down by the second battery. How/where are you guys mounting them to the frame? I several different options on how to do it. Also what battery are you using? I've got the stock battery out of a YFZ to use, or I'm thinking about dropping to a smaller one.