HMF Exhaust

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
KYmxracer52

HMF

#21 Post by KYmxracer52 »

What do you guys recommend to do to the 02 headers to keep them from burning the oil lines. That's the reason I, personally like the 03 header is because of the increased clearance of it.

OCR

HMF!!!

#22 Post by OCR »

IS it possible to get a shorter version of the canister directly from you guys... PM me w the answer. -Chris

Jaybr

The Facts!!!!

#23 Post by Jaybr »

Just wanted to jump in a clear up a couple things here. I spoke to Kyle at R&S this afternoon, and we discussed this situation.

Kyle worked with HMF early in 2001 when the first Cannondales came out to develop the HMF Silencer. Multiple configurations where developed and tested on the dyno with the result being the HMF silencer that is available today.

Kyle also worked with the HMF design team on the Cannondale headpipe. Much work went into the design long before fittment was ever tested on the loaner quad (Jfarrar's). Multiple configurations of the headpipe where tested on the dyno and the current configuration was chosen. The Dyno runs for the headpipe where done on the loaner quad, but multiple headpipes where dyno'd and the current pipe gave the best results.

Kyle has also worked with HMF since the release of the pipe to get the optimum tuning.

cdalepilot

#24 Post by cdalepilot »

not only yeah! BUT **** YEAH !!!!!:clap: :head:

TurboJay

#25 Post by TurboJay »

I just wanted to let all of you know that the first one is still going strong. I bought the quad with the proto type on it off of Kyle. It still has an outline on it where "proto type" was wrote with a marker on the backside. I have since added a pipe also.

You guys need to remember that the first cannondales had a different computer system. I cannot just hookup a laptop to mine. The new system is so great because if you don't like one map, you can just try another with a few buttons punched on the keypad.

With that being said, I don't see how ya could go wrong HMF.

bknight

#26 Post by bknight »

what i would like to know if the quiet core helps
and would turning down the end cap more then is is now would help. in the dunes here there is a sound law. i know i would not past it now on this hmf.

any help here HMF Support if your not to mad thank you
guy stop it now smile.gif

J. Delaney

#27 Post by J. Delaney »

I have a quiet core for my Cannibal and it does make a significant reduction in DB. The power is down just a bit, but it's not too bad.