I am ready for engine work

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Swampdale

#21 Post by Swampdale »

Both Haydug and Big Winky are excellent people to bring your motors to. Big Winky really understands why these motors are so susceptible to failing. The number one reason is cleanliness. Any new machine must have the crank disassembled and cleaned. The rest of the updates including the cartridge plate stud update is an absolute must. Big Winky built my motor and it's awesome. If I can only get the electrical bugs worked out now. I'd send my motor to Haydug as well.

dawzie

#22 Post by dawzie »

Well as long as we are talking about updates, does reangleing the injectors have to be done ?? I have a hard enough time with the radiator now.

Another point of info talking about injectors. I know of two Dales that have caught fire. Both of them had the fuel lines worked on. PLEASE make sure you use 50 PSI 1/4" fuel line and check those hose clamps. When I reinstalled my motors I made sure I could get at the hose clamps after everything was together.

cdalepilot

#23 Post by cdalepilot »

sorry to hear you are having electrical problems,swampdale. knock on wood i havn't had any problems with my cdale. i have owned it and raced it since july 02, it even runs good in the cold weather. it was 22 deg. out the other day here in ks .when i was out trail riding in the snow with it ! :head: :usa

Swampdale

#24 Post by Swampdale »

You don't have to reangle the injectors, but I highly recommend it. I agree with dawsie, there's an awful lot of fuel circulating around a very hot engine. Be very careful when working on or modifying the fuel system. It amazes me how close the back of the fuel tank is in proximity to the header (700F).rolleyes.gif

Swampdale

#25 Post by Swampdale »

Yeah, I fried the fuel pump circuit in the ECU at GNCC Rd1. I'm installing a fix for it tonight to run the pump off the ingnition circuit. If all goes well I'll be heading to Iuka MS for a Midsouth Harescramble.biggrin.gif

DangerRanger

#26 Post by DangerRanger »

Hey Tony, did you get it all together and working? Did the batt just give up?

Ben