Air box mod

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
sillysspeed

#21 Post by sillysspeed »

bang for the buck you can't beat this one. filter cost $4.50

superfly

#22 Post by superfly »

yeah but will it work in muddy wet conditions? Not bashing your setup i agree that it is a great mod for the price... but it still has the same downfalls as Abbotts filter setup. Not everyone rides only dry conditions and i think there has to be a better setup than stock for muddy wet conditions. jmo

-Frank

Exodus

#23 Post by Exodus »

Are you talking totally submerging your bike or just splash protection. I will be building an aluminum airbox in the near future, but it will be splash only protection. I need to build it and test it, but I will post the pics and specs when I'm done. I might even be able to sell you one. Time and patience.

wanablaze

#24 Post by wanablaze »

Hey guys, I did a similar mod to my moto just this past weekend. I could definitely tell a difference. Iceracer, the airfilter is backwards, isn't it? I thought the air was supposed to flow the other way? It shows an arrow on the side of the one i used. I have the filter inside the upper airbox, I siliconed, and glued it in and only the fins from the paper stick up. The filter i used is slightly larger (i think) than iceracer's and mounted directly above and slightly infront of the airhorn.

This definitely made the bike faster, I had to give it a lot more fuel. It wasn't the full throttle acceleration that shocked me, but the part throttle improvement and throttle response.

Derno24

#25 Post by Derno24 »

I think the dilema with any airbox mod for xc guys is this. Most of letting more air in involves giving dirt an easier path into your airbox. I ride at least 2 or 3 races a year where our stock set-up is a blessing. I watch as guys are backfiring due to mods they have done to their quads. I think Sillyspeeds Idea will work, but you would definitely need a second airbox top just to have that extra security when you needed it.

iceracer17

#26 Post by iceracer17 »

Like i said it was for dry dirt track.I know it wouldn't work for wet conditions.I am selling my modded box lid $20 shipped.:deal:

Derno24

#27 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by iceracer17
Like i said it was for dry dirt track.I know it wouldn't work for wet conditions.I am selling my modded box lid $20 shipped.:deal:

Sorry that wasn't aimed at putting anything down. I like the mod. Just stating the obvious though couldn't help it!

sillysspeed

#28 Post by sillysspeed »

I have 2 seperate lids biggrin.gif Just plan on using the one for drag racing.

Canniboomer

#29 Post by Canniboomer »

$95 shipped with your airbox bottom -- true K&N cone, and enough room to use a foam sleeve and/or outerwear as desired.
Nice "throaty" sound, and you don't cut up the tank cover.
No more mess in the so-called "electronics" tray!.. try one, you'll like it, and then you can copy it!!

JST

#30 Post by JST »

Does it still use the air horn?I thought it was supposed to help direct or channel the air.